cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABOVE STANDARD after nov 20th eval, but all my listings are still demoted?

for the whole month i was below standard all my listings were demoted to the bottom. 

i couldn't wait for the next evalution and to be above standard again to fix this (my listing impressions dorpped like 90% it was awful)

but all my listings are still demoted, even though i've been above standard again for 18 hours. 

do i just need to be patient and this will be fixed within the next 12 hours? or could it last longer?  

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: ABOVE STANDARD after nov 20th eval, but all my listings are still demoted?

Others have given you great/accurate advise regarding placement status.  And I can understand what you are referring too.  Honestly, I don't feel 18 hours is a long enough duration to expect your listings to climb again.  I would guess they will start to bump back up near the end of the week or so, if that early.

The system seems to be slow to respond/change/shuffle items overall.  Even when I use Markdown Manager, it still takes about 4-6 hours for my items to go on sale.  Which is quicker than it used to be.  When I put my store on vacation and hide my listings, it takes almost a full 24-48 hours for my listings to repopulate in my eBay store.  

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

you definitely dont want to understand my situation. 

my listings dont deserve to be higher or lower,   but they are usually always at the top, so the fact they weren't now points to the fact they were still being supressed from me being below standard (when this all started). like others are saying i think i just need to give it more time and be patientl, evne though i thought this stuff would be fixed now that i was above standard since yesterday.

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

yup i had betweenn 300-500 sales (10-15 a day) since january 2017, but now it was only 1-2 per day since october 21st (though i also delisted a good number of listings so i could list on another account) but its still would be at least 5-10 per day if my stuff was being ranked as before. 

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

i think you're right and i just need to be patient and my stuff will be re-ranked in the next few days.

just kinda freaking out a bit since 1 month of this was long enough and i was hoping so much that it would go back to normal faster now that i was above standard again. 

i guess it might take longer for your items to get re-ranked UP than demoted DOWN. 

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

@ygomac wrote:

you definitely dont want to understand my situation. 

my listings dont deserve to be higher or lower,   but they are usually always at the top, so the fact they weren't now points to the fact they were still being supressed from me being below standard (when this all started). like others are saying i think i just need to give it more time and be patientl, evne though i thought this stuff would be fixed now that i was above standard since yesterday. 

I understand your situation very well.

You went below standard, and you are under the impression being back above standard should return your listings to the same sort of placement they had before you went below standard. Further, you are hoping that someone here is going to be able to tell you exactly when that will happen.

What you don't want to understand is that Best Match is a complicated scoring system that takes dozens or even hundreds of factors into account - and the algorithm probably changes all the time and is not public information. 

For all we know, having a history of going Below Standard will permanently count against you in Best Match scoring and you may never get back to where you were. 

It could also be that how long you have been Above Standard is a factor in Best Match, and it may be a long slow climb back to where you were. 

It could be that since you went below standard, eBay has changed the algorithm so that your listings no longer score as high as they once did. 

It could be that while you were Below Standard, your competition made changes to their listings that has moved them ahead of you.  

No one here can tell you when you will be magically restored to the top of Best Match  - because no one here even knows whether you will be restored to the top of Best Match. 

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

i just thought some ppl might have similar experiences and know how this usually went. on reddit they told me i should wait 2-3 days for my items to be re-ranked which seems fair.

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

I will probably get worse with the amount of calling and complaining I am doing on a regular. I don't take kindly to Fraudulent activity and being that you charged me and took my money and I still have no item that cost well over $100 I hope you get permanently demoted. The nerve you have asking the community for help to continue stealing from honest consumers.

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread here.

Thanks.

Message 23 of 23
latest reply