cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABOVE STANDARD after nov 20th eval, but all my listings are still demoted?

for the whole month i was below standard all my listings were demoted to the bottom. 

i couldn't wait for the next evalution and to be above standard again to fix this (my listing impressions dorpped like 90% it was awful)

but all my listings are still demoted, even though i've been above standard again for 18 hours. 

do i just need to be patient and this will be fixed within the next 12 hours? or could it last longer?  

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: ABOVE STANDARD after nov 20th eval, but all my listings are still demoted?

@ygomac wrote:

for the whole month i was below standard all my listings were demoted to the bottom. 

i couldn't wait for the next evalution and to be above standard again to fix this (my listing impressions dorpped like 90% it was awful)

but all my listings are still demoted, even though i've been above standard again for 18 hours. 

do i just need to be patient and this will be fixed within the next 12 hours? or could it last longer?  

I think it works like when you get TRS, you earn it, but it does not go into effect until a month later.

Just a thought, hopefully others will come along to weigh in on this.

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Your Seller Performance rating (Below Standard, Above Standard, TRS) is only one of dozens of factors that are considered for Best Match ranking. Your listings are not going from the bottom to the top in Best Match just because your status changes.

It's especially true when you are competing with 700,000 other listings!

707,109 results for yugioh  

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

even on a differnet account that was new, my yugioh listings get very near the top. but its clear that my listings on this account are still being supressed to the very bottom. i dont need to be right at the top of course but just not supressed to the bottom. 

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

dang i see. it makes sense that i might have to wait another month. maybe ill try calling ebay and see what they say. i know my impressions for last month were really low so if ranking is based partly on your overall impressions, i dont expect to be at the top anymore for most of my listings. 

but i'd just like not to be supressed to the very bottom since thats what really kills my listing impressons and sales. 

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

@ygomac wrote:

Best Match a scoring system that assigns a score to each listing that is used to order them in the search results.

Being Above Standard is just one of dozens ( if not hundreds ) of factors that affect a listing's Best Match score and thus its placement.

Becoming Above Standard will not necessarily move your items up in a given search. It will only do so in the improvement of your score is enough to change its position rtelative to the other items in the search results.

Can you give us the specific search terms along with the item number of the listing you think should be placed higher in that search?

Otherwise, all we can do is make wild guesses that may have nothing to do with your situation.

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

hi thank you for reply. 

to give u some context, i was above standard for all of 2016 util the month of october. and my listings always tended to get to the top very fast relative to all other listings of that card. maybe i wouldn't start out at the top, but after i sold 3 copies and my listing had a lot of views and a watcher or two, i would inevitably be in the top 3. 

it seems to be when you go below standard, that overwhlems all other factors in the ranking calculation and it just forces your listing to the bottom and makes it stay there. 

since this is what happened for all my listings during from october 20th to november 20th.

i just want to know when this would let up now that im above standard again. so far all my listings still are ranked at/near the bottom. 

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

@ygomac wrote:

i just want to know when this would let up now that im above standard again. so far all my listings still are ranked at/near the bottom. 

No one here can tell you when it will "let up". And it may never let up.

It's possible that we can give you some pointers, but as I noted preciously there are dozens if not hundreds of factors that go into best match.

But we cannot really offer advice or guidance unless you are willing to give us a concrete example, but you apparently aren't interested in doing that.

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

what im saying is that its *obvious* my listings are all being impacted by me being below standard last month.  I'm just wondering when they would stop being impacted by that now that im  above standard? do i just need to wait 12 hours for an update? or does it keep punishing you until ebay sees you can stay above standard for another month? 

here is an example:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Utopia-the-Lightning-German-Ultra-Utopia-Utopia-Prime-MINT-YUGIOH/162766654...

i have this listing on two accounts. on a new account its ranked 6th when you seach "utopia the lightning", but on this account its ranked 50. obviously all my listings are being punished extremely hard in the ranking for being below standard still.. 

normally because my acount gets so many views and has so many listings, it would be ranked in the top 3. 

i had alot of succes on ebay up until this last month when  i went below standard by accident, because my rankings are always really high because i have a multitude of listings that get lots of buyers and i always update the quantity when it gets low to keep them alive. 

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

i have this listing on two accounts. on a new account its ranked 6th when you seach "utopia the lightning", but on this account its ranked 50. obviously all my listings are being punished extremely hard in the ranking for being below standard still..

Duplicate Listing Policy violation, not a good thing to admit to on the boards. Your next stop may be Way Below Standard!

FYI - I did a search (Best Match) on a couple of your items and found them in the middle of the pack on page 1 (searches were returning +/-100 results to my keywords).

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

that was just a test, im taking it down now, i dont have any other duplicate listings. 

hmm middle the pack, maybe my listings are slowly recovering their ranking then. 

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

i did notice when all my listings got supressed to the bottom after my oct 20th eval it took affect over 12-48 hours. 12 hours for the first few to get hit and 36 hours until they were all ranked at the bottom. but i thought at least by now i would be seeing most of my listings go back up.

i just wanted to know if anyone went through this before and how fast their listings recovered pretty much. like maybe ebay decdied you dont get your ranking improved until you stay above standard for a whole month, meaning i'd have to wait until my next eval for stuff to change. 

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

u can see how it affected my listing impression in this pic 

i was getting 7-10k and then it got cut in half in the first day and cut in half again until it was under 1k for all of november. not everything got deranked at once, but in 1 day already half or more was suppressed to the bottom. 

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

@ygomac wrote:

here is an example:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Utopia-the-Lightning-German-Ultra-Utopia-Utopia-Prime-MINT-YUGIOH/162766654...

For that search under Best Match I see yours at #45. 

12 of the items above you are multiple-quantity listings with a proven sales record. In fact the listing in the #1 spot has 714 sold items. Given that sales history is an very important factor in Best Match, I see no reason for you to expect to be above these. Yours does show a sales history. 

12 of the listings above you have a lower total cost than yours. Since price is also a factor  in Best Match, I also see no reason for you to expect to be above these either. 

10 of the listings above you show multiple watchers, which is another factor in Best Match. Yours does not. 

Several of the items above yours also offer free returns or guaranteed delivery. Yours does not. 

So to turn the question around - why do you think your listing deserves to be higher than the ones above you?  (it's kind of an academic question now, since it appears that you ended that listing. )

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

u can see how it affected my listing impression in this pic

I can see the graph but eBay's views/impressions data is not always accurate. Even if it is...actual sales are what count, do your actual sales follow the same pattern as the chart?

Message 15 of 23
latest reply