cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A buying opening a request to the seller when their package shows delivered?

Why does ebay let the buyer open a request to the seller when the package is showing delivered? The seller is not at fault...why waste our time and then make the buyer mad when we point out that it was delivered. Then they give us bad feedback because they think because they could open up a request that we should automatically refund them.

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: A buying opening a request to the seller when their package shows delivered?

No ebay puts a hold on your money for 6 days and nobody can close this case for 6 days. Unfair to the Seller, but of course they are pandering to the buyer. They need to realize without sellers there are no buyers.

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

Re: A buying opening a request to the seller when their package shows delivered?

The INR process for delivered items does seem a little silly, especially when we have to upload tracking information that's already there.

But the real problem is the fact that INR's, which clearly show an item as delivered when a case is opened, still count against sellers on their metrics. As if that weren't bad enough, every single item on the transaction gives a 'ding'. I was penalized by eBay for 3 months because of 1 transaction with 11 items - all had been delivered when the buyer opened the INR.

There's no justification for this. At all.

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

I think Ebay allows it for several reasons.......

As mentioned, to allow a seller chance to assure buyers that they have delivered and that they "care" if the item isn't received, tho they can do nothing about it.

Also to track what sellers are having a INR problem/what categories....perhaps what specific items..... to try to catch fraudulent sellers.

And to track fraudulent buyers.....who, without "cases" would be hard to track........ 

And then, there is carrier tracking.......Do numbers suddenly jump for one or the other?......possibly they can even narrow it down to x% INR to a certain zip code.....and put inquiries in about problems there.....or hope they can in the future. 

Ebay runs, tries to run, by numbers and anything they can equate to a number in a  box, can possibly help them. 

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

People want to get free stuff.  This has happen to me several times in the last couple of months.  In my case this is what I do.  I give the buyer the tracking number, and tell them that their purchase was deliver.  After I do that, I get in touch with ebay and explained what has happen.  In the last 3 cases that this has happen to me, ebay has sided with me in all of them.  Good luck.  Do NOT do a refund.

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

This is big pet peeve of mine also. Had one today. If we are covered for this why are we being bothered? Why are they not directed to Ebay reps to take care of these situations? And they make us copy paste the tracking they already have and with hold our money until resolved? This is insane. Personally I think some sellers just refund and thats what Ebay is hoping for so it does not come out of their pockets. There probably is a small percentage who do that. It makes no sense other wise.  

Cindy
Message 20 of 21
latest reply

You have a little Kool Aid stain on your upper lip. Its wasting our time when Ebay should be handling those cases.  We could be listing or tending to customers we actually can help. Maybe Ebay should think about providing good customer service during these events and maybe you should get back to selling unless this is your real job which clearly seems so from the content you provide.

Cindy
Message 21 of 21
latest reply