cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5/25 Today Only Promo...List 50 Auction Items for 10 Days Only

Sorry I can't link, but this is a different promo.  Duration is 10 days, but I'll give it a try.  

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: 5/25 Today Only Promo...List 50 Auction Items for 10 Days Only

@alynile, The promo notes that the auctions will all end on June 4th, the same day the ebay marketing campaign kicks off. Can you provide any insight into why ebay chose to set this up for auctions ending on that day? Will the marketing campaign directly tie in somehow with auctions?

Message 16 of 29
latest reply

@tkinnebrew wrote:
Sure, free buy it nows would be more responsible. They don't clog up the auction searches and that's what the big-boy sellers complain about. However, the idea here is to expose the availability of the 10-day auction format in my opinion. Also, if you relist these as 10 day auctions (and several thousands of sellers will), you'll probably pay more fees. All that aside, it's only 50 listings and with it lasting only one day, most people won't notice it until half of the day is over. 🙂 🙂 🙂

10 day auctions do not incur any additional charges. Only 1 and 3 day auctions do now.

At least this promo has the BIN option. So even if you don't like auctions hopefully adding the BIN will help with sales. At least that's the spin I am putting on it! LOL..

Message 18 of 29
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

@alynile, The promo notes that the auctions will all end on June 4th, the same day the ebay marketing campaign kicks off. Can you provide any insight into why ebay chose to set this up for auctions ending on that day? Will the marketing campaign directly tie in somehow with auctions?

My thinking is, people will be watching the basketball games, see all those Ebay ads and hopefully that will spur them to check out what's listed. Ten day auctions starting today, ending that evening, without a long wait time for the auction ending- hopefully will make for brisk bidding and sales. 

Yeah, call me an optimist lol Smiley Very Happy  Oh, and it really would have been nice to have some sort of prior announcement, but whatever. I don't normally do auctions, but I'm going to try a few since I don't have to pay for them.  Books aren't included in store auctions, but I don't generally have much luck with auctions anyway. Fixed w/BIN is my auction alternative.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 19 of 29
latest reply

@tamaralea wrote:

Sorry I can't link, but this is a different promo.  Duration is 10 days, but I'll give it a try.  

NOT offered in my Seller Hub...if it's not in your seller hub that mean's YOUR an outsider...:(

Message 20 of 29
latest reply

EVERYONE HURRY UP, YOU ONLY HAVE ANOTHER 6 HOURS TO PUT UP YOUR 50 LISTINGS !!!!

DON'T MISS OUT ON THIS GREAT CHANCE AT BECOMING SUPER RICH !!!!

Message 21 of 29
latest reply

@ted_200 wrote:

@alynile wrote:

@hollysfinds wrote:

@love*glitter* wrote:

Anyone know if the 50 free monthly listings will be used first before these 10 day listing kick in?

I tried it out & it took it from the promo first,

not from my monthly allotment

Hello,

The 10 day duration listings in this promo will be used first. Happy Listing! 

Since there's someone from eBay here... from the other topic on this promotion...

...here's a suggestion for eBay:  Provide some sort of lead time!  If I were going to use this, I'd need to write 50 listings, shoot the pics, etc.  Auction sellers like me don't have a bunch of dead listings sitting around we can marshal onto the site by clicking "Relist".  If it was ready to list, I already listed it last week and it's SOLD. 

Seconding this as someone who isn't usually an auction seller-- I have a bunch of stuff I would like to put up in auction format that I haven't taken photos of, written listings for, etc. yet and I'm not sure I can get it all done tonight!  Had we had a couple of days of lead time, I would've been able to get some things ready to go.

Message 22 of 29
latest reply

This lunacy is almost reaching as low for eBay as the 'one pair of shoes' promo, they keep reaching down lower and lower to backslap sellers in the face !!!

Some of these marketplace executives must think all eBay sellers are brain dead, too bad the conditions on eBay for sellers make a lot of us think we are, I just hope the executives are not laughing too hard at us when they drink their wine at dinner time.

Message 23 of 29
latest reply

@liq1000 wrote:

Auctions are worthless, so is the short time frame on eBay promotions.

Tell that to this guy:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/stormer19/m.html?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEFSXS%3AMESOI&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&_trksi...

5013 sold out of 5687 (over 88% sell through), almost all at auction.

It really depends on your items.

Message 24 of 29
latest reply

Are you going to put the work in to put up 5,000 auctions and pay the listing fees ?

Message 25 of 29
latest reply

Lead time would have been nice.  I only listed 10 today, and of those, only 8 were new.  I'll be happy if 2 sell.  

Message 26 of 29
latest reply

This promo is only to invited sellers must activate the promotion by selecting "Active Offer" in the invitation e.mail or promotion landing page.  So if it's not in your seller hub or given to you by e.mail it's not free for this person.

Message 27 of 29
latest reply

@liq1000 wrote:

Are you going to put the work in to put up 5,000 auctions and pay the listing fees ?

LOL!  Not today I wouldn't! 

But I have done more than that over the years, I paid listing fees on nearly every one too.   Listing fees are only a hugemantee if 4,950 of them do not sell.   A better question is "am I going to be able to package and ship 5,000 items on June 5?". 

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 28 of 29
latest reply

hey this is scott old lay he his some one need to tell everone

Message 29 of 29
latest reply