cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd party listing including Sixbit, can't change to Ground Advantage b/c API not updated by Ebay

Just an FYI, those who use 3rd party listers, including Sixbit & I believe any others &/or ANYONE who is using the API to update their listings, Ebay has not yet updated the API to allow for Ground Advantage.  

Sixbit confirmed this to me yesterday, when I backed up my DB & installed the latest release so that at least I could do new listings using Ground Advantage & there was no option for GA.   They will do a new release once Ebay has made the change avl for 3rd party software.  They did not offer any ETA as to when that would be, as of course, they likely don't know either. 

So, a week into the 30 days in which we'll be 'required' to change our listings & still no way to do it for anyone who uses 3rd party software INCLUDING the official 3rd party software that Ebay offiically promotes & reccomends.  

Yeah, this whole thing was really  well thought out /s.   So, I can't even do new listings with the new GA service LOL. 

This is not a question & I'm not looking for advice, just sharing the info for anyone else who uses 3rd party software.  Of course you can still upload using your software & then make the change on Ebay, then go back & make the change on your 3rd party software when it becomes available LOL.  Yeah, right, let's create DOUBLE the work for thousands of listings.  

@valueaddedresource  - thought you may want to know 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

3rd party listing including Sixbit, can't change to Ground Advantage b/c API not updated by Ebay

I think you were correct that 6 bit (and others) hadn't gotten the API from ebay.......... many problems with this mess........

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

We got notice of one........haven't installed yet.

7/12/20234.00.536

This release contains the following fixes/enhancements:

• Added USPS Ground Advantage service.  

been using Parcel select and it's changing during the up load to GA, just for info...........

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

@dhbookds  Ah, Fair, thank you.  I have been super busy today & didn't look at SB.  I was going with the info from SB on the 11th.  I see that release avl now too.  I haven't installed it either though, since I just found out seconds ago LOL.  

Still, wondering why it took so long.  

eBay Seller since 1996

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

I think you were correct that 6 bit (and others) hadn't gotten the API from ebay.......... many problems with this mess........

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

@dhbookds  Oh I *KNOW*  I was correct.  SB support told me so, flat out & in writing.   Plus the second I upgraded to the current release on the 10th & it didn't have the option, I knew exactly why, without contacting anyone 😉  It's par for the course & yes, this is all a gigatntic mess!   

eBay Seller since 1996

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

@simply-the-best-for-you wrote:

Just an FYI, those who use 3rd party listers, including Sixbit & I believe any others &/or ANYONE who is using the API to update their listings, Ebay has not yet updated the API to allow for Ground Advantage.  

Sixbit confirmed this to me yesterday, when I backed up my DB & installed the latest release so that at least I could do new listings using Ground Advantage & there was no option for GA.   They will do a new release once Ebay has made the change avl for 3rd party software.  They did not offer any ETA as to when that would be, as of course, they likely don't know either. 

So, a week into the 30 days in which we'll be 'required' to change our listings & still no way to do it for anyone who uses 3rd party software INCLUDING the official 3rd party software that Ebay offiically promotes & reccomends.  

Yeah, this whole thing was really  well thought out /s.   So, I can't even do new listings with the new GA service LOL. 

This is not a question & I'm not looking for advice, just sharing the info for anyone else who uses 3rd party software.  Of course you can still upload using your software & then make the change on Ebay, then go back & make the change on your 3rd party software when it becomes available LOL.  Yeah, right, let's create DOUBLE the work for thousands of listings.  

@valueaddedresource  - thought you may want to know 

I use Sixbit. I updated my listings to all be "standard shipping". Problem solved.

C.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

I just installed the latest version of SixBit which now includes Ground Advantage as an option.

Now, I'm trying to figure out how to batch change (bulk edit) my listings to make the change to GA.  Anyone know how to do this in SixBit?

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

@ci1000 wrote:

I just installed the latest version of SixBit which now includes Ground Advantage as an option.

Now, I'm trying to figure out how to batch change (bulk edit) my listings to make the change to GA.  Anyone know how to do this in SixBit?

Hopefully you are using their Shipping Presets (I always have since 2001), if so they you just need to change those.

If you have and have all kinds of "manual" shipping on your items this would be a good time to convert them to the Presets.

The SixBit presets perform the same function as eBay's Business Policies but because they are 20+ years old they probably work better. Because of the way SixBit is designed, almost all fields are available in Items and you can do complex multi-field sorts it should be fairly easy to built a list of Presets and apply them to all your Items. SB will ask if you want them applied to currently running Items.

There are a number of SixBit functions that I never use but for the basic stuff I've been using it since 2001 in it's various incarnations so I've learned a few "tricks" and willing to help fellow users.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

I forgot to mention, if you are Using eBay Business Policies you should update them, then do a Refresh- Auxillary Data and that should bring them into SixBit.

I haven't looked at the release notes for the recent update because I've always used generic shipping descriptors (Standard) and no Calculated shipping. I usually don't upgrade to a new version release until it is a "required" update plus at lot of the updates are for non-eBay functions (etsy, Amazon, Shopify etc).

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

@slippinjimmy   Thanks so much!  Just changed the presets. Simple and easy solution.   Appreciate your help.  Still have a some items on manual but that's tomorrows project.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Are you saying that all third party listing softwares have the ground advantage option now?  I have Wonderlister and today I listed all my items with the first class package option.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@ci1000  good to know it's working.  I use presets, so was hoping it was this ez.  Haven't done it yet. 

@mozartbach1971  I'm not ci1000, but no, it doesn't mean they all have it.  When Ebay updated the API, that should give all of them the *ability* to offer it.  But it still may (most likely does) requires a change to their software as well.  So, we can't say with certainty who has & hasn't done the update, with the exception of Sixbit.  You'd have to go check in Wonderlister & see if the option is there, if not, see if there's a new release or patch, since most likely that would be required or contact them to find out.  

eBay Seller since 1996

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Wonderlister is a really small operation, it could take them a little extra time. SixBit has a pretty modest staff level but there is more than one coder to work on this type of stuff.

From the sounds of it, it was not until early on Thursday that eBay got the functionality into the API for third-party providers to code, test and distribute an update of their programs.

If you are worried about it then contact Wonderlister support. Looks like their blog has an update about this issue but I'm not a user so I can get in to read the full article.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

I'm not ci1000, but no, it doesn't mean they all have it.  When Ebay updated the API, that should give all of them the *ability* to offer it.  But it still may (most likely does) requires a change to their software as well.  So, we can't say with certainty who has & hasn't done the update, with the exception of Sixbit.  You'd have to go check in Wonderlister & see if the option is there, if not, see if there's a new release or patch, since most likely that would be required or contact them to find out.  

Just to make sure, you're saying Sixbit has it however you are not sure if all the listing softwares have it?

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

@mozartbach1971 wrote:

I'm not ci1000, but no, it doesn't mean they all have it.  When Ebay updated the API, that should give all of them the *ability* to offer it.  But it still may (most likely does) requires a change to their software as well.  So, we can't say with certainty who has & hasn't done the update, with the exception of Sixbit.  You'd have to go check in Wonderlister & see if the option is there, if not, see if there's a new release or patch, since most likely that would be required or contact them to find out.  

Just to make sure, you're saying Sixbit has it however you are not sure if all the listing softwares have it?

I'm saying they all now have the ABILITY to do it.   But I have no way of knowing if the various 3rd party co's have implemented the change yet. 

There are 2 pieces to it, first Ebay needs to give them the ability, which Ebay has now done (late but done).  Then the second part is that the companies each need to code the change into their own unique software, which s/b pretty easy but IDK if any of them have done it yet.   I can only confirm that SB has b/c that's the one I use.  I can also tell you that SB tends to be very on top of these types of changes.  I know they were ready for this & simply were waiting on Ebay to do their part.  

You should be able to figure it out by going into the product & seeing if the option is there.  If not, like I said above, check for an update, new release or patch to the software &/or contact your provider & ask. 

eBay Seller since 1996

Message 15 of 15
latest reply