cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

34 Days left

What is with the good till cancel listings showing 34 / 35 / 36 days remaining?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

34 Days left

@bea_4_99 wrote:
Ok, I can understand that, but I am not aware of a month with more than 31 days..........just confused.

Happy to clarify, @bea_4_99 ! When I say that it will renew based on the date originally listed, I mean when it was first listed on the site. If a good til cancelled listing was listed the 12th of April 2018 and has been active all this time, then the renewal date in August will be on the 12th since that is the day it was originally listed on.

For example, lets say an item listed on the 12th March 2018 is still active on the site.

Since good til cancelled listings were 30 day renewals, the date it renewed each moth would shift. By the time it reached July 2019 it would renew on the 5th. With the new monthly renewal system now in place, the next renewal date will be on the day it was originally listed, which was the 12th, so Augusts renewal date will be the 12th. This will cause some odd renewal dates in August, but going forward the day they renew will remain the same.

Brian,
Community Team

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

34 Days left

brian@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

@bea_4_99 wrote:

What is with the good till cancel listings showing 34 / 35 / 36 days remaining?

Hi @bea_4_99, the new Good Til Cancelled monthly renewal time frames went into place at the beginning of July. This means that items will renew based on the date they were originally listed. Going forward, listings will renew on the date they were listing every month. Go here for details. 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

34 Days left

Ok, I can understand that, but I am not aware of a month with more than 31 days..........just confused.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

34 Days left

I think eBay gave you a few extra days on the end of your listings so that they start and end on the same numerical day of the month and are easier for some people to keep track of. If you start a listing on the 8th, it will end on the 8th of the following month regardless of how many days there are in the month.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

34 Days left

@bea_4_99 

Because some months have 30 days, but others do not, after a year of relisting every 30 days, your typical item will have moved up about five days, since 12x30=360, but there are actually 365 days in a non-leap year.

The extra days in this listing period are a one-time correction to undo that slippage and allow your item to relist every month on the same day of the month that it originally listed on.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

34 Days left

Special ebay math.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

34 Days left

seems the max showing should be 31  days

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

34 Days left

@bea_4_99 wrote:

Happy to clarify, @bea_4_99 ! When I say that it will renew based on the date originally listed, I mean when it was first listed on the site. If a good til cancelled listing was listed the 12th of April 2018 and has been active all this time, then the renewal date in August will be on the 12th since that is the day it was originally listed on.

For example, lets say an item listed on the 12th March 2018 is still active on the site.

Since good til cancelled listings were 30 day renewals, the date it renewed each moth would shift. By the time it reached July 2019 it would renew on the 5th. With the new monthly renewal system now in place, the next renewal date will be on the day it was originally listed, which was the 12th, so Augusts renewal date will be the 12th. This will cause some odd renewal dates in August, but going forward the day they renew will remain the same.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

34 Days left

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

seems the max showing should be 31  days

Starting in August, when a Good Until Canceled listing rolls over, each renewal will happen on the same date that the listing originally began.  Listings that started on the 15th of whatever month they started  will roll over on August 15, September 15, etc.  

However, listings that started on the  15th of a month but which have been active for many months are not renewing on July 15, they are renewing sooner than that because of 30-day rollovers which make them a little bit earlier every month.  Hence, there's an interval of more than 31 days before their August renewal.  This is a one-time extension of the maximum rollover period, which will indeed be 31 days starting with the September rollovers.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply