cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30-day or Good Til Cancelled duration free listing but it's not working!

I got this in my ebay today 30-day or Good Til Cancelled duration free listing but ebay got rid of 30 day listing for fixed price. So either ebay messed up AGAIN! in the mailing. Or ebay messed up AGAIN! Because when trying to list items it will only let me Good Til Cancelled fixed priced listing and it won't let me do 30 day listing. So ebay  which is THE WORLD WONDERS!

Promotional Offers

Special offer: get 100 extra free fixed priced listings!
Offer valid for fixed price listings with 30-day or Good Til Cancelled duration. Learn More - Special offer: get 100 extra free fixed priced listings! - opens in new window or tab
Available at ebay.com
Promotional offer summary Offer details
Special offer: get 100 extra free fixed priced listings! Start Date * End Date Offer valid for fixed price listings with 30-day or Good Til Cancelled duration. Learn More - Special offer: get 100 extra free fixed priced listings! - opens in new window or tab May 10, 2019 12:43:45 AM

May 16, 2019 11:59:59 PM

https://pages.ebay.com/promo/lcp/100Fixed.html

Terms and Conditions

Please note: Invited sellers must activate the Promotion by selecting "Activate offer" in the invitation email or on the Promotion landing page. Items listed prior to a seller activating the Promotion will not be eligible for the Promotional Rate.

What is the Promotion?

Invited sellers (“Sellers”) who activate the offer and then create a listing in the 30-day fixed price format (Buy it Now), pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth herein (“Qualifying Listing”), will pay no insertion fee per item ("Promotion") for up to 100 listings during the Promotion Period (as defined below).

The Promotion does not apply to final value fees or optional advanced listing upgrade and supplemental service fees. Final value fees will be applied to the total amount of the sale, including the cost of the item and shipping, excluding any sales tax. All existing selling limits on your account (as well as category and item limits) still apply and may prevent you from creating the maximum number of listings in this Promotion. The Promotion is in addition to the free listings per month as part of the everyday rate plan.

Who's eligible?

This Promotion is available to Sellers who: (i) received an email and/or message in My eBay; (ii) activated the Promotion by selecting “Activate offer”; and (iii) meet eBay’s minimum seller performance standards. Please sign in to My eBay and view your Seller Dashboard to verify whether your account is currently meeting the standards.

When is it?

This Promotion will begin on the date specified in the message you received through email or eBay Message Center, at 00:00:01 PT (12:00AM plus one second), and will end on the date specified in the message you received through e-mail or eBay Message Center, at 23:59:59 PT (11:59PM plus 59 seconds), for listings on www.ebay.com (the "Promotion Period").

How do I activate the promotion?

Sellers that have been invited to participate will automatically receive the Promotion after they activate the Promotion, and then create listings on the US site at www.ebay.com through the Sell Your Item form, eBay Seller Tools, eBay Mobile applications, and most third-party tools. Please note that the discount may not be shown during the listing process. Instead, the discount will be reflected in the "Seller Account” section in My eBay, under the Account tab, as well as in your next invoice.

Additional Restrictions & Exclusions
  • This Promotion excludes listings created with 1-day, 3-day, 5-day and 10-day listing durations.
  • The following categories are excluded from the Promotion: eBay Motors Passenger Vehicles; Motorcycles; Boats; Power Sports; Other Vehicles; Motors Local Market; Real Estate; Classified Ad listings; Heavy Equipment; Food Trucks, Trailers & Carts; and Commercial Printing Presses.
  • All listings must comply with all applicable eBay policies, including eBay’s Duplicate Listing policy that allows for the removal of duplicate fixed price listings.
  • The Promotion applies to new Qualifying Listings that are created during the Promotion Period, as well as relists and renewals of existing Qualifying Listings that occur during the Promotion Period.
  • The Promotion excludes listings created prior to activating the offer and listings with a start date prior to, or after the Promotion Period. Qualifying listings that do not sell within 30 days may automatically renew/relist outside of the Promotion Period, and will be subject to standard insertion fees.
  • This Promotion is only valid for listings on the US site at www.ebay.com.
  • Fees for optional features (such as reserve price, subtitle, Gallery Plus, listing in 2 categories, etc.) and any applicable PayPal fees will still apply. Please note: Not all features are available in all listing flows.

Promotion is subject to U.S laws, void where prohibited, not redeemable for cash, has no face value, and cannot be combined with any other insertion fee offer. eBay may cancel, amend, or revoke the Promotion at any time, including in response to fraudulent activity.

Reference code: 7288

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

I got this too.  Of course, with the new EVIL GTC ONLY policy, there is no option for 30 day listings.  It's just a little joke on the part of someone at eBay.  Letting seller believe that the special may ACTUALLY allow 30 day listings.

GTC listing NEVER show up on an ending soon search.  They are invisible to those buyers and all the sales from that kind of search are LOST to sellers.

eBay doesn't care because this is all about MORE FEES for eBay and they don't care if we sell anything.

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

I got it and thought Oh boy! They are letting us list 30 days instead of GTC!  Wrong, bad joke on ebay's part.  Can only list GTC with it. 

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Another case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing......

alan@ebay

Perhaps someone could inform the Promo people of ebay changes?

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Even if we could use 30 days it would be necessary to include that information in our descriptions, because buyers are now used to fixed price items rolling over.
I am definitely having more luck actually selling items in the auction format now, because buyers know there is a finite duration and then the listing will end.
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

I do not want any gtc  listings   scam on ebay

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Another eBay debacle.  The give us back the option that we desire, or so we think, only to be told, oops.  Isn't this called Bait and Switch, which is illegal.  If a seller were to do this, we would be kicked off.  Ebay, give us back what we want, what you just sent us, 30 day fixed  price listings.  Let us control our accounts.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

I listed 49 items at 30 days, and the screen said the cost was $0. When I clicked Submit, then it showed that I was charged $14.35! Not only that, all those listings were listed at Good Til Cancelled. When I called Ebay to settle it, I spent 15 minutes with someone who was arguing that Ebay doesn't do 30 day listings anymore - even after I explained to him about the offer. I asked for a supervisor, but there wasn't one available. So I called again to speak to someone else who may be more helpful. This woman had the same response! And the supervisor did, as well! I couldn't believe their customer service. I spent so much time on 4 phone calls, and got nowhere. What should I do now? The last supervisor said she would email me, and i've gotten nothing so far. I even emailed showing the screenshot of the zero charges before I pushed Submit and charges appeared. This was so frustrating and stressful to me yesterday.  I can't afford to throw out $14. Advice, please

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

I received the same promotion, and no luck. Why would you send out a promotion does not work or you no longer allow 30 day listings. Makes no sense to me, at first I thought it was a glitch but then realized it was a trick.
Once again eBay has forgotten who pays who. They do not pay us to list on their site, we pay them to use their site. Without sellers eBay would be nothing.
The very least they can do is to accommodate their customers and that would be the sellers, we are customers too.
The GTC policy needs a class action against it, and all their other ways to rip off seller should be included.
Wish there was another platform to sell on, as I would be done with eBay once and for all.
Message 9 of 19
latest reply

@etvideo1ataol wrote:

GTC listing NEVER show up on an ending soon search.  They are invisible to those buyers and all the sales from that kind of search are LOST to sellers.

They do show up in ending soon searches.

Have a great day
Message 10 of 19
latest reply

I totally agree with you like you calling it the EVIL GTC ONLY policy!

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

A really bad joke! Where is the Joker when you really need the clown prince of crime.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Which right and left hand? ebay has way more then just two arms and hands here. Ebay is like the Greek myth  Hundred-Handers which also had 50 heads!

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Yeah but I don't think mist ebay buyers know about the new GTC policy. This was only sent out to ebay sellers if you did not have a seller account you would not have gotten the notice. So I would think most buyers don't know about this policy change.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Yes  a total one on there part. Because as there online market share drops to Amazon, Wal-Mart and Target, they cannot keep up because all three of those have massive inventory's and a distribution network and two have brick and motor stores. Ebay does not own it's products also ebay catering to it's biggest sellers is a mistake. All Amazon, Wal-Mart and Target, have to do is go to eBay's biggest sellers and make deals and sign them to exclusive contracts or as Wal-Mart has done buying out some of ebay biggest sellers to increase there online sales in there online war with Amazon. And since for over 10 years now ebay ignored it's core auction part, many new auction web sites popped up stealing more users and sales, then finally add that some big time ebay sellers like Heritage auction left ebay to start there own online auction sites and that leaves ebay  scrambling to find any way to make a buck.    

Message 15 of 19
latest reply