cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 or less feedbacks

Hi, I have my sellers prefence set at (cant bid with 3 or less feedbacks) and yet I have 10 bids on an item with  0,1 and 3 feedbacks bids,Iv had this set for years and just checke and its the same,whats going on.

anything will be helpful,thank you

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: 3 or less feedbacks

There is no discrete bid for buyer feedback only.

The block you're thinking of limits buyers of a certain feedback from buying more than a certain number of items. It always allows at least one.

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

You can't set preferences to limit the buyers according to  # of feedbacks they have.........you can set them according to the # of strikes they have............

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

@sewteck wrote:

Hi, I have my sellers prefence set at (cant bid with 3 or less feedbacks) and yet I have 10 bids on an item with  0,1 and 3 feedbacks bids,Iv had this set for years and just checke and its the same,whats going on.

anything will be helpful,thank you

Here is how you solve the problem, and very easily:

Stop messing around with auctions.  They're a waste of time, especially for commodity stuff that's easily found without having to wait for an auction.  But DO use fixed price listings with Immediate Payment Required.  

Assuming you were worried about bidders not paying, this solves it all.

Fixed price listings can sell just as fast as auctions, and often faster.  

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

Just curious how you expect to have eBay grow with new buyers, which we could all use, when you won't let new people buy? I have seen a great argument on here recently, how would you like it if a store wouldn't let you shop there because you'd never been in? Trying to block buyers with low feedback is only going to drive possible customers away from eBay. When I was new I had bids canceled because I had no feedback. Now I have over 400 between my different IDs. Should I have never been allowed to have purchased anything? 

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

after having several none payments ,retunes and no feedbacks from 0-1-2 and 3 I would rater not sell to them.
Message 6 of 21
latest reply

But you don't have a choice.  The only way to avoid nonpaying buyers is to list in fixed price format with "Immediate payment required."

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

Buyers requirements
Block buyers who
Have received 2unpaid items strikes within 12 months
Have a primary shipping address in a location I don't ship to
((( Have a feedback score of -3 or lower )))

O but they do have it
Message 8 of 21
latest reply

That says "negative 3".

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

Buyers requirements
Block buyers who
Message 10 of 21
latest reply

You're blocking buyers with a feedback of negative 3 or lower.

That means you're not blocking buyers with positive feedback or no feedback or a feedback of negative one or two. That is a useless block that dates back to the old days.

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

It's impossible for a buyer to have a score of negative anything. Buyers can only get positive reviews... That setting is a holdover from pre 2008 when Buyers could actually receive negative feedback.
Message 12 of 21
latest reply

@sewteck wrote:

that means they have a negative feedback rating.  It doesn't mean that they have 3 or less feedback rating.

Since buyers can't get negative feedback that block effectively only applies to really bad new sellers.

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

@sewteck wrote:
Buyers requirements
Block buyers who

O but they do have it

The - sign in front of the 3 means minus. As in negative 3 which is impossible for a buyer to have since buyers can only only receive positive feedback. Enabling that block would only limit sellers with a negative or -3 feedback. Which I would estimate to be about .000001% of bidders on your auctions.

Just set the block for two or more unpaid items, enable the auto assist to open UPIs in 2 days and relax. 

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

That - before the three means you are blocking people with NEGATIVE three. You can not block anyone with positive/no feedback. You can cancel their bids if you want but I still don't get it. 

eta: Well, I'm slow. 😛

Message 15 of 21
latest reply