cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

17 days to return package??

So I get this request from eBay on 6/4 that an automatic return for a fishing reel handle has been granted to my buyer.  Buyer says that he ordered it by mistake.  Ebay gives buyer until 6/21 to return item. 

Buyer ends up telling me that actually there is something internally wrong with his reel and just doesn't want my handle now.

But --By now I have paid postage both to and from the buyer (and don't forget the 30¢ for eBay). Bummer. 

I know---this is simply the cost of doing business!!

But why give the buyer until 6/21 to put the same little box back into his mail box. Can he only walk 5 feet per day?? I need it back ASAP so that I can sell it to someone else who will keep it. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: 17 days to return package??

E-Bay lengthened the return time due to covid.  I think it was longer than your 17 days for quite some time.

Is that the time to mail it by?  I doubt that includes the shipping time back to you so it could be another 7-10 days thanks to USPS.

At least you'll get it back.  Good luck!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Yeah, that's ridiculous. 

Like the 45 days return/complaint window on eBay

and the 180 days return/complaint window on PayPal!

There needs to be a few "reality checks" on these sites, that's fer sure!

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

the policy i read said 10 days.

ebay customer service told me 15 days.

I have a buyer that requested a return on 5/25...still waiting for him to drop it in the mailbox....ebay says I have to wait longer yet before they will remove the LYING feedback comment and resolve the case.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@scotchtapeboutique2017 

Sorry for you troubles..

But I really replied to say I LOVE your handle!!

Very creative..

CHEERS

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

E-bay also seems to give about 5 additional days before they will close the return if the buyer does not return the item. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@little*blackdog wrote:

Yeah, that's ridiculous. 

Like the 45 days return/complaint window on eBay

and the 180 days return/complaint window on PayPal!

There needs to be a few "reality checks" on these sites, that's fer sure!

Hi, just to clarify, buyers have 30 days from delivery to open a Money Back Guarantee case on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

thanks but I stole it from an OLD SNL skit lol

1970s SNL w/Fred Willard1970s SNL w/Fred Willard

Message 8 of 8
latest reply