cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer refused to pay and left me negative feedback

I recently sold an iPhone on eBay. The winning bidder waited until an invoice was sent to ask questions about the condition of the device and for me to send more pictures, and refused to pay until I provided the IMEI of the phone. For security reasons, I was not comfortable doing so, especially since he couldn't bother to ask for this before actually bidding. I politely declined to provide any personal info but sent photos and answered his questions. He then began spamming my inbox with vague accusations about what an untrustworthy seller I am and asked to cancel the order. Once I did, he immediately left me negative feedback, but I am unable to leave some for him as well, presumably because I initiated the cancellation.

The way I see it, he shouldn't have committed to a purchase if this was going to be an issue for him, especially without even bothering to ask if this was something I was willing to provide. It just seems unfair that I made a legitimate sale and ended up taking the hit. Do I have any recourse here?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)