cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zipcodes

My business address which is printed on my shipping lables is in one zipcode. The post office I take my shipments to is in a different zip code. The zipcode I have in my listings is another zipcode. All of my business occurs around the Dallas/Fort worth metroplex which is why my zipcodes are all over the place. Will any of this be a problem?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Zipcodes

All of these zipcodes are in different suburbs of Dallas/Fort Worth which technically means they are in different cities. Wanted to add that info in case that makes a difference. Thank you
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Zipcodes

Personally, I think if you are in the same state (vs. someone selling in LA and shipping from New York - or China) - I think you'll be okay with your original zip.  Unless of course you drop ship - then an item from say NY will be arriving at a different time from something on the West Coast - of Course - this would not affect drop shippers correct?  Since they can't be responsible for where that Amazon Seller lives?

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Zipcodes

Thanks for your question. This won’t be a problem, please provide your business or your post office zipcode from where you ship your items in your listing. Accurate zipcode will help us provide your buyers with more accurate delivery estimates.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Zipcodes

@viv_ahuja1 wrote:

Thanks for your question. This won’t be a problem, please provide your business or your post office zipcode from where you ship your items in your listing. Accurate zipcode will help us provide your buyers with more accurate delivery estimates.

So would using the sellers handling time, but ebay takes that out of the equation when they feel like it.

Zipcodes

Thanks for your question. That’s correct, if you drop ship and do not know which location it will be shipping from at the time of listing or if the item is located in multiple locations, you are not required to provide the zipcode at the time of listing. 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Zipcodes

"My business address which is printed on my shipping labels is in one zipcode."

My old address was in one zipcode, that's the address that I used on my shipping labels.

"The post office I take my shipments to is in a different zip code."

The Post Office where I shipped my packages from was in a different zipcode, but same city. I never had a problem.

"The zipcode I have in my listings is another zipcode."

This one I'm not sure about...??? Why are you using a different/3rd zipcode in your listings rather than your business zipcode?

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Zipcodes

""The zipcode I have in my listings is another zipcode."

This one I'm not sure about...??? Why are you using a different/3rd zipcode in your listings rather than your business zipcode?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 1st and 2nd zipcode direct ebay to display city names of obscure little suburbs around the metroplex. The 3rd zipcode I use in my listings displays the city as "Dallas" which helps customers know where the package is coming from. If the lising says something along the lines of "Pleasantville, TX" it might not be as helpful in knowing where the package is coming from. 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Zipcodes

Ah, I see. Well, the only problem that I could see with that is if you don't have an actual address in Dallas. Should a buyer want to return an item they may ship it to the 3rd "Dallas" zipcode that you're using in your listing(s). That would throw the post office out of whack and they may (probably would) just ship the return item back to the buyer as undeliverable. 

Other than that, I don't see as to where there would be an issue. Personally, it's been my experience that most buyers are more concerned about country of origin as opposed to State's or specific locations within a State. That's not to say that there are'nt those out there that get that nit-picky, I'm sure that there are.

Do what works for you and your business. Best wishes!!! 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Zipcodes

Providing a zipcode from where the item is shipping is ridiculous, especially since I only sell custom made items and have a 15-30 day handling time along with free shipping, so it doesn't matter where it's coming from or what the shipping costs- they aren't paying for shipping anyway!

Besides, they can see where and when from the TRACKING, and it shows the exact date for the delivery, I don't why this is now a problem!  Enforce putting in TRACKING numbers not putting people's personal home address zipcodes on public display!

When this becomes policy on July 31st that's when I delete my account and content, I'm not putting MY small town residence zipcode on a world-wide public display page, where Google, spammer and dataminers grep the information from, and where total strangers could appear on my doorstep at any hour or day wanting to tour my "showroom" because they were passing thru my state, I have local pickup NOT an option for a reason!

It will be GOODBYE Ebay after 18 years!!!

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Zipcodes

@closemyaccountnow2021 

Tip: Use your Post Office's address with "General Delivery". That just means that should you happen to have a return, ordered something, etc. That you'll pick the item up at the P.O.

Then you won't have to use your personal address.

Example:

urbansculptures

your PO's street address (plus a PO Box# if you have one)

General Delivery

Whatever town, State and zipcode

I would recommend that you have a PO Box# unless your small town PO workers know you well enough to know who "urbansculptures" is. Not necessary, but less confusing for them.

BTW, Tracking shows the zipcode of the item's origin anyway. e.g. where you shipped it from. But I do understand wanting to protect your personal address.

Hope this helps.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply