cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service metrics consequences happening too soon?

Is eBay really going to start collecting data (or going to use data that has already been collected) to use on the service metric evaluation before allowing sellers the ability to see their own metrics?

We were going to offer free returns starting June 1st but are reconsidering. From the announcement wording it appears that June 1st will be the start of the three month look back for the September evaluation. We have no way to tell what our current service metrics are or how offering free returns may affect them.

Big changes like this should not be happening simultaneously. eBay is changing top rated requirements and implementing service metric consequences on the same day, without giving sellers visibility on how they may be affected. Is this right??

The opinions expressed are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

This concerns me also.

According to the FAQ, this new metric will become visible "in July".

Sellers will have, at the optimistic most, 60 days to study these metrics and make any adjustments to their businesses before the punishments begin in September.

Sellers will also have, at optimistic most, 60 days to discover glitches and incorrect assumptions made by eBay and convince eBay to make corrections before the punishments begin in September.

For sellers like me, with a 12 month lookback, this is a bit scary. 

Right now I have no clue how my returns measure up vis a vis my "peer" group, and 60 days isn't much time to mitigate any potential punishments before September. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

ebay has always made new seller data retroactive.

snow dogs that have owned me

SheRa ‘Barbarian Queen’ Sept 16, 1995 - Nov 17, 2006
Thor ‘God of Thunder’ Nov 17, 2006 – Nov 26, 2007
Mishka ‘Little Bear’ March 26, 2007 – Oct 22, 2016
Conan ‘Wolf’ Nov 14, 2007
Message 3 of 3
latest reply