cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new photo format how return to classic?

Today I listed an item on eBay and got a surprise.
the new photo format that says Upload from computer
Front, Back, Right profile, dial, and more
I don't know how to use the others
I was used to the old format of uploading a photo, how can I go back to the other format?

and I would like to know your opinions on this new format
thank you so much

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: new photo format how return to classic?

@cristian3_6 

I also saw that large white space, but then it corrected itself when I opened some other aspect of the page. Now I don't see that problem. My screenshot and yours are both of the new view, while yours is specific to watches.

At the top of the listing form is the triple-dot icon. Clicking that exposes an option to send feedback. Use the listing form for a few listings and then offer feedback that will help the team improve the listing form. Try to be concise about what you are seeing and what you would like to see. When comments are specific, the team has something to pursue.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 10 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

@cristian3_6 

You may be in a test group for watches. Can you get a screenshot of that listing section?

I also see a new uploader arrangement, but it's just a rearrangement. I don't see what you are describing.

Unified Lister - 2024 - photo arrayUnified Lister - 2024 - photo array

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

cristian3_6_0-1710869460679.png

It appears like this to me

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@cristian3_6 

Well, that's rather cool. Thanks for that screenshot. I think eBay is doing that to make its own authentication process easier for the "watches" category.  Those placeholder icons are suggestions about what needs to be provided. I don't think your uploading will differ at all, and I suspect the placeholders will simply disappear as soon as you start uploading.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

you are welcome
If it disappears later, it has not been tested in other categories

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@cristian3_6 wrote:

you are welcome
If it disappears later, it has not been tested in other categories

and it won't be for items NOT going to an 'authenticator'.....

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Maybe in this update there are errors, the page downloads by itself and remains blank
For example, you want to put an option and the page goes down.
It looks white until you increase it further, however with the other format the page was solid and did not move
For that reason I want the old photo format

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I've also got it in the handbag category. However when uploading my photos, I just did it as I've always done.

I think the new view is to help those who may not know what pictures to show so they're given direction. 

Screenshot 2024-03-19 at 11.33.03 PM.png

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@stainlessenginecovers wrote:

and it won't be for items NOT going to an 'authenticator'.....

It's not just for items going to an authenticator. The handbag brands I sell aren't in the AG brands.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@cristian3_6 

I also saw that large white space, but then it corrected itself when I opened some other aspect of the page. Now I don't see that problem. My screenshot and yours are both of the new view, while yours is specific to watches.

At the top of the listing form is the triple-dot icon. Clicking that exposes an option to send feedback. Use the listing form for a few listings and then offer feedback that will help the team improve the listing form. Try to be concise about what you are seeing and what you would like to see. When comments are specific, the team has something to pursue.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply