cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can not pay with Paypal within ebay ipad app

porky0918
Enthusiast
The ebay ipad is awesome but there seems be some problem with payment. After login to paypal it shows error to pay and I have to return to my PC to pay it.
Message 1 of 55
latest reply
54 REPLIES 54

Re: can not pay with Paypal within ebay ipad app

So here we are 5 years later and the app still says you can't use a security key to login.

If I remove the mobile pin security anyone can walk through and use my Paypal account to order **bleep** from JD Sports as they did last year, password protection means nothing.

I was planning on spending more if I win another auction today but I suppose I shouldn't bother with that either.

It's ebay's app. It's ebays pet payment method, and mobile devices are outselling PCs now. Just fix the app!

How's the profits looking this year?

Message 46 of 55
latest reply

I went to my paypal on line, not my app and loge in. Then shopped through them ( ebay ) logged in and payed the invoice
Hope this helps
Message 47 of 55
latest reply

I can't use PayPal in the eBay app either now since increasing security, ordered from Amazon instead.....

Message 48 of 55
latest reply

And now on 12-06-2016 i have the same (old) problem and non solution...

Message 49 of 55
latest reply

Yep! eBay app on iPad is great until you actually have to pay for something. Then I have to log in in Safari and use the old fashioned and slower method (as if on a computer). Same goes for iPhone.

Message 50 of 55
latest reply

If you have a PayPal security key, here's how to get your eBay app set up for payment.

1) Log into PayPal in a browser.

2) Deactivate your Security Key.

3) Make a purchase on eBay, even a $0.25 throwaway item as you need to complete one purchase.

4) Go through and make payment by logging in to PayPal as directed from the eBay app, but be sure to check KEEP LOGGED IN.

5) Once payment is complete, go back into PayPal in the browser and reactivity your security key.

You should be good to go in the eBay app now with the possible exception of a future app update.

Most don't affect this, but is they do, go through the above procedure again.

I've been doing this for about 5 years now as they have never figured out the security key aspect of PayPal in the eBay app.

Message 51 of 55
latest reply

It's 2016...Still the same headaches

Message 52 of 55
latest reply

And still going on ..,
Message 53 of 55
latest reply

Message 54 of 55
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread here

Thanks.

Message 55 of 55
latest reply