cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can not pay with Paypal within ebay ipad app

porky0918
Enthusiast
The ebay ipad is awesome but there seems be some problem with payment. After login to paypal it shows error to pay and I have to return to my PC to pay it.
Message 1 of 55
latest reply
54 REPLIES 54

I'm having same problem! Ridiculous
Message 31 of 55
latest reply

Already have PIN set. Still does not work on iPhone or iPad. 😞
Message 32 of 55
latest reply

I have the security keychain as additional security measure. I had to change my passwords in a mix-up several months ago. Although a purchase via the ebay app shows that my account is linked to paypal, it asks me to log in to paypal every time and it never works. This is ridiculous. I just went to my desktop and completed my latest purchase, but I am not always home and it is becoming more and more likely that I will pay more on Amazon just to be able to make a purchase when I need to make it.

if you log a problem within ebay all you get is stupid canned replies that prove that no human actually read the problem. 

Message 33 of 55
latest reply

I need to pay for my transaction but I cn to need help
Message 34 of 55
latest reply

Message 35 of 55
latest reply

I can not pay with PayPal on my iPad except once when I first had my iPad since then nothing very odd!! I have to turn on my computer and pay.
Message 36 of 55
latest reply

I talked to eBay and PayPal support about this issue. After they cross checked everything to make sure my accounts were good on both ends, I was told that the issue has been a plaguing issue with iOS Safari. PayPal suggested that I try downloading another browser such as Google Chrome for iPad. Apparently this has cleared up the issue for many. I'm trying that now.
Message 37 of 55
latest reply

Follow up:
Just downloaded the latest version of the Google Chrome iPad app. It didn't help. I'm still unable to purchase anything from iPad. For those wondering...
-I've turned off all privacy settings I.e. "Do not track" is turned off, accept cookies: always, etc.
-My eBay and PayPal accounts are "Linked"
Message 38 of 55
latest reply

Hi @mysticmarine,

Above click on Groups. There you will find the community support groups for phone apps. There is one for iPhone and one for Android. Maybe they can help you.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 39 of 55
latest reply

Mine says "your purchase cannot be made at this time. Please check your.PayPal account settings or buy on eBay website". I just made a.purchase five minutes ago and now it won't let me. Help me please I'm going to FFFFREAK
Message 40 of 55
latest reply

Neither app gives me the option to choose either to link them !! **bleep**...... Still searching for solution.... I'm on android
Message 41 of 55
latest reply

Hi @mince-kell,

Questions about the various apps that are available, are best answered in the Groups. There is a Group for iOS (Apple) and another for Android.

Above, click on Groups>eBay Mobile Apps, then click on the group your device fits into, or click on a direct link below.

http://www.ebay.com/ios

http://www.ebay.com/android

To post, you may have to join the group. These groups do have eBay associates who are monitoring the posts.

You can help them answer your questions by adding to your post,

1) the device,
2) the OS version your device is using, and
3) the version of the App you are having difficulty with.

The more info you can relay, the better they can help you.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 42 of 55
latest reply

Me either, never a problem. ..till i let myself win 3 items from same seller and,WHAM THE FREEKY SAYING COMES GO TO YOUR DESKTOP TO COMPLETE THESE.**bleep**.WHAT A HASSEL.IM A OLD TIME EBAYER WAY BACK WHEN THE SELLER HAD A SAY IN THINGS..
Message 43 of 55
latest reply

What's the eBay classic? I use iPad,Google,it lets me to buy now,but will not complete purchase. eBay told me to buy a new computer. Excuse me?

Message 44 of 55
latest reply

Message 45 of 55
latest reply