cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are some good Automated Accounting Programs to Track eBay sales?

Hi!  Just a small time seller here that will occasionally sell on eBay.  Even with the few sales I have, I absolutely hate manually doing all of the accounting for it in Excel.  I would like to get some software or program(s) that will automatically track my sales and account for final value fees, shipping fees, cost of goods, etc so I don't have to manually enter them into an Excel chart.  The more automated the software is, the better.  It would be great if the software could also keep track of my inventory and do the accounting for returns/refunds as well, but those aren't fully necessary, but they would be great.  I have heard of a program called Easy Auctions Tracker that you pay annually for and it can just track my sales and expenses associated with them, so I might do that, but didn't know if there were better options out there.  Any advice is much appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

GoDaddy Bookkeeping. It integrates with eBay and tracks all income, sales, purchases, mileage, office exp, shipping/eBay fees, and all the many normal IRS categories. It also can integrate with Paypal and your business checking acct that you may use. It generates all of the tax forms including Schedule C. I spend less than 5-10 min a month tweaking things or if there are any items not categorized. I have been using it for 10-15 years and don't know what I would do without it. There is an annual subscription fee, which I don't recall how much, but that is deductible also. Absolutely no need for a CPA or anyone to pay for doing your taxes.  Good luck!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

GoDaddy Bookkeeping. It integrates with eBay and tracks all income, sales, purchases, mileage, office exp, shipping/eBay fees, and all the many normal IRS categories. It also can integrate with Paypal and your business checking acct that you may use. It generates all of the tax forms including Schedule C. I spend less than 5-10 min a month tweaking things or if there are any items not categorized. I have been using it for 10-15 years and don't know what I would do without it. There is an annual subscription fee, which I don't recall how much, but that is deductible also. Absolutely no need for a CPA or anyone to pay for doing your taxes.  Good luck!

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

GoDaddy Bookkeeping imports your business accounts (like Amazon, eBay, Etsy, PayPal and more) and generates up-to-date income and expense reports, profit and loss statements, and more. Plus, there's nothing to download, install or update.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

yep, I agree....and use Godaddy..........I think it's $10 or so a month.........used to "do it myself", but much easier, especially if you don't like fiddling with the report thing.  Cost is deductible on taxes........

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Thank you very much to both of you!  I really appreciate it.  Just a quick question... I was thinking someone was going to mention Xero or Quickbooks or one of the other mainstream software programs.  Is there any benefit to using GoDaddy over Xero or Quickbooks?  Is GoDaddy more popular for eBay sellers?  And I was looking at GoDaddy's site and saw that there are 3 options for the bookkeeping software:  one that is $5 a month, one that is $10 a month, and the last option which is $15 a month.  Do you both use the $10 a month subscription?  

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Thank you very much!  I really appreciate it.  Just a quick question... I was thinking someone was going to mention Xero or Quickbooks or one of the other mainstream software programs.  Is there any benefit to using GoDaddy over Xero or Quickbooks?  Is GoDaddy more popular for eBay sellers?  And I was looking at GoDaddy's site and saw that there are 3 options for the bookkeeping software:  one that is $5 a month, one that is $10 a month, and the last option which is $15 a month.  Do you use the $10 a month subscription?  

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

I really wish I'd found Easy Auctions Tracker a long time ago.  It has been a lifesaver.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Great to hear!  Does Easy Auctions Tracker handle returns and refunds also?  Was always curious about if it could properly track returns and the costs associated with returns.  And does it handle inventory management by chance?  

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

@amodoko Sorry for the late reply to  your question.  I just now saw it.  Yes.  They seem to capture everything eBay struggles to provide in reports.  Try them out.  They have a moneyback guarantee.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Has anyone found a Replacement for EAT since they are sunsetting the program, I LOVED it since I have 3 ebay accounts, I'm not looking for cloud based, excel is perfect...

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

I am hoping someone has an answer EAT told us to go to my reseller genie but it blows and can figure it out so complicated

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

has anyone found a good alternative to Godaddy bookkeeping since it is no longer available? 

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@cyclopssalvage 

@don040201 

@bolensparts-360 

@dhbookds 

The author of the Godaddy program is releasing a new program to take its place:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Seller-Tools/A-new-and-improved-GD-Outright-accounting-software-may-be...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Seller-Tools/Original-CEO-of-Outright-Go-Daddy-Bookeeping-Starting-a/t...

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Yep.........read about it and sounds good........but in fairness have to say I find the "new" report under Payments Tab in Seller Hub to meet my needs....since my needs  are ONLY the ebay information........  Outside expenses, I do keep track of myself and never used/wanted the GoDaddy ability to pull from Credit Cards/bank account etc............ 

I'm sure there are others who want and need more information and am sure glad someone is offering it!!

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply