cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turbo lister Autorizaton Captcha Not Working...HELP

I am still using XP With the registry workaround. I have to renew my authorization for this year & I cannot get it to function. Any ideas or workarounds?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Turbo lister Autorizaton Captcha Not Working...HELP

Hi, I had the same issue a  month ago. I was able to fix it by setting Internet Explorer to my default browser and the captcha came up. This is on windows 7 so it may not translate over to Windows 10, 8, or XP. I think it might have to do with the switch over to the new style captcha code on the main site.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

This is an issue caused by Java.  The java script for the captcha is using code that is not compatible with Internet Explorer 8.  We just encountered this issue on Monday and with the old XP computer and we have yet to find a work around.  Wish they would just turn the captcha off.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@56surplus 

For XP, try Firefox 52 ESR.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/52.0esr/system-requirements/

You want the 32-bit Windows zip file in that list.

You should be able to upgrade to at least Internet Explorer 11 on XP if you want that, though, I think. It has been a while since I upgraded IE, so start here to see what your options are:

https://www.whatismybrowser.com/

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Sadly XP stops at IE8. 

IE9 is Windows Vista and 10/11 are Windows 7.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@56surplus 

I had thought that I had IE11 on an XP machine, but it appears you are correct; I must have been thinking of a Windows 7 machine instead.

You should still be able to use a relatively recent version of Firefox or Chrome on an XP machine, though. If you have an application that requires IE to run properly, there are browser add-ons such as IE Tab or Open in IE that can run in Firefox or Chrome that will open a page using IE.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

This is an issue that is linked directly from the Turbo Lister to Internet Explorer.  Turbo Lister requires Internet Explorer to function.  Internet Explorer 8 is very old.  The new Captcha java code is too modern for IE8 to understand.

When Turbo Lister opens it's authorization window it is a menu-less Internet Explorer Frame with a captcha that needs to be completed.   The captcha will not display and gives a few script errors.

The error is:  'textContent.length' is null or not an object.  Multiple lines have this error.

On this URL:  https://signin.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn&runame=TURBOLISTER&oauthparams=%261 (edited)

I google search ( 'textContent.length' is null or not an object) and some tech forums I lurkec through say it's an issue in that IE8 simply does not recognize 'textContent.length'. (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/14544351/textcontent-is-null-or-not-an-object)

Not that any of this really matters since Turblister is officially defunct as of June or July.  Just wish I could get in one last time to do final backup and transfer everything over to Sixbit or something.

Thanks for any help.

- Peter

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

It would be great if this could be addressed for those who still have old XP systems.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I find it wrong that we are given an application - Turbo Lister - for free - so this then becomes a program we own on our computer to do with what we please which for many of us is populate it with our own data ( templates , old and new listings  etc ). Then Ebay makes a change - implements the Captcha process which knowingly will prevent people from being able to start the program, on their computer, to access their data. Surely there is a backdoor - key combination - that we can use to bypass logging into Ebay so we can at least access our own data with the understanding that having bypassed the login process there will be functionality we cannot use  - but at least have access to our data .   

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@qtoons wrote:

I am still using XP With the registry workaround. I have to renew my authorization for this year & I cannot get it to function. Any ideas or workarounds?

Hello @qtoons  and all that replied,

There is a work around for the captcha that I would like to share. However, before I do, please know that if you are using Turbo Lister on a Windows 7 Operating system or Lynux, you will no longer be able to use Turbo Lister as Microsoft has stopped supporting Internet Explorer versions below 8 and those system can only use up to 7.

Now onto Captcha. Inside Internet Options within Internet Explorer settings, if you click on the Security tab and click the button "Custom Level" you will find a long list of features to enable and disable. If you find "Active Scripting" disabled, this is the cause of Captcha not working, you have to have it enabled for Java to do it's thing with Captcha.

I sure hope that solves the issue for everyone. It's a tricky thing for sure and just to be clear Captcha is something very necessary in our day to protect our members and have that additional security against hackers and account take overs.

Wishing you well,

Jacob@eBay

eBay Customer Support

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

As I said in my posts above, the issue is with the Captcha itself.  It does not function properly in Windows XP (Internet Explorer 8).  It is written to function in newer versions of Java.

Active Scripting is enabled.  Other Java elements work.  Java in IE8 is too out of date understand the code in the Turbolister Captcha.  This is why it does not work.

I can take the URL out of one of the script error messages I get from the Turbolister login/captcha page and can visit it directly in IE8 and Firefox (outside of Turbolister).  The captcha will not work in an actual open IE8 browser window.  It will work in Firefox.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply