cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turbo Lister update failure

I have two computers running Windows 10. On both computers, Turbo Lister crashes when I try to perform a data update.

I have tried both systems using administrator rights.

Anyone have a guess of what to try next?

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

@mypaymentstest

Can you help out with this problem? It appears they have a newer update than I have but are still unable to get the Data Update. I'm still not seeing any option to do a Program Update.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Tools-Apps/Is-this-a-tl-or-ebay-problem/m-p/27165814#M21975

Message 16 of 46
latest reply

Our developers just released an update (Beta) that will fix this issue. If you are getting Application Updates and Data Updates, please uncheck the Data Updates. *Some reports shows that Data Updates can't be uncheck because it's still required.* The non-Beta update fix is not yet available.

With the release of the Beta update, this is a good sign. Beta tends to only last a few days before non-Beta updates are released. We're getting close to a fix that we can download/install.

Please sit tight on installing updates if you aren't able to uncheck Data Updates or aren't getting the Application Updates with the Data Updates to install.

I'll continue to keep you (All) updated on this.

Thank you again for the continuous patience on this.

mykal@ebay

eBay Support

Message 17 of 46
latest reply

FWI...Attempted to install TurboLister updates (system=Win 10 pre-Anniversary update).

1) Tools>Check for program updates. Returned both an Appication and a data update. I unchecked the data update, downloaded (8.43MB) and installed the application update. Restarted Turbo. Compact!!

2) Next I repeated the above, but unchecked the application update (it should not have shown that the second time), downloaded (8.76MB) and installed the data update. Turbo only downloaded approx <1K of the update, moved to installing, then immediately stopped working (crash).

3) Restarted TL, Compact!!, repeated step 1 (install application update), joined beta. Rechecked Beta, TL said I was enrolled (but the TL title line did not say Beta as it has on previous beta trials).

4) Repeat step 2...same result (crash).

5) Repeat step 1 and 2 (in case I needed to be on the beta before the application update). Same results.

Log files available, if needed.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 18 of 46
latest reply

I was able to get both the Application Update and the Data Update downloaded and installed.

First try after unclicking Data Update did not work and I had to redo by choosing to run as administrator and install. Then did the Data Update.

I don't see any indication that I was in any Beta and I am now on version 9.923.100.2.

I'll work on some new listings tomorrow and see if it works after these updates.

I'm on Windows 10 with all updates received to date installed.

Message 19 of 46
latest reply

Repeated step 1 and 2 above, in Administrator mode (THX @readabouthorses!!)

Step 1. Turbo restarted on it's own (I had to restart previously).

Step 2. 816Kb downloaded of the 8.76Mb file, installed and said it completed installation.

Edit to correct previous post. <1k Should have been <1000k.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 20 of 46
latest reply

@dollybeauty

I always forget the Admin thing when doing Application Updates to Turbo Lister. It had been so long since we've had that kind of update that when it failed I was yelling some not-so-nice words at my computer until I remembered to run in Admin mode. We didn't used to have to do that but I think that has been necessary since I updated to Windows 10 when it first became available so it must be something in Windows 10 that requires Admin.

Message 21 of 46
latest reply

@readabouthorses - I'm glad you were able to finally get the updates to install. When checking for updates, it doesn't indicate that it would be a Beta. When there is a Beta update release, any Turbo Lister user(s) can join to run testing for us by going to "Tools > Options...", expand "Advanced Options", select "Program Updates", then click on the "Join Beta Program".

My last report was that our developers released a Beta update, then a non-Beta update should soon follow. I'm sorry for the confusion.

I'm very happy that updates are working now.

Sincerely,

mykal@ebay
eBay Support

Message 22 of 46
latest reply

I was able to get both the Application Update and the Data Update downloaded and installed.

First try after unclicking Data Update did not work and I had to redo by choosing to run as administrator and install. Then did the Data Update.

I don't see any indication that I was in any Beta and I am now on version 9.923.100.2.

I'll work on some new listings tomorrow and see if it works after these updates.

I'm on Windows 10 with all updates received to date installed.

Just to make sure. Are the new updates now ready for Turbolister? Can I now try to update it?

Message 23 of 46
latest reply

I am now on the same version as @readabouthorses.

Right click on the Turbo icon and select Run as administrator.

Click on Tools>Check for program updates.

Uncheck the Data update,

Install.

Repeat for the data update.

Message 24 of 46
latest reply

I tried to update Turbo Lister using the advice to uncheck the data update.  However, the program will not allow me to uncheck the date update box.  I went ahead trying to update...but Turbo Lister shut down again.  Any other advice you can give.

Message 25 of 46
latest reply

Everything worked this morning!!!!!!!

All downloaded, all installed.
Checked no further updates

Hooray!!!!!!!!!!
Message 26 of 46
latest reply

I have been reading everything stated on the advising, and nothing has changed the fact that I am unable to list my auctions, LIKE I HAVE ALWAYS DONE BEFORE. Like for the last 15 years.
What is going on? I was of the impression that yes, Turbo Lister would cease to exist, but then ebay said in a letter that all current users would have that ability. But now, today, for me, it has stopped. After everytime I get this message: "Turbo Lister EXE has stopped working..." and then it closes program, after I click 'close program', and then when I start up I get a "Welcome To Turbo Lister" and What would you like to do?" "Open an existing Turbo Lister file" "Already have a Turbo Lister file? Open an existing file". Then when I try to use admin, and even just opening it without using 'admin' I am still unable to click on TOOLS CHECK FOR PROGRAM UPDATES Checking for program updates"
TURBO LISTER APPLICATION UPDATE RECOMMENDED
DATA UPDATES
LISTING DESIGNER TEMPLATES
I have tried updating everyone and then unchecking all three but it won't let me update unless I click on one, at least, and then it just closes again and again and again.
STOP THE INSANITY.
Please help.
Thank you.
steveman99
Message 27 of 46
latest reply

My problems are similar to steveman99, except I can only uncheck the templates. The other two check boxes are greyed out, so I am unable to uncheck the data box. I have been able to list in spite of the UPC code error messages. My main crash problems are when loading pictures in to variation listings. Sad thing is, I don't know it is going to crash until I hit the done button. All that time waiting for pics to come up and insert wasted.
Message 28 of 46
latest reply

I have been reading everything stated on the advising, and nothing has changed the fact that I am unable to list my auctions, LIKE I HAVE ALWAYS DONE BEFORE. Like for the last 15 years.
What is going on? I was of the impression that yes, Turbo Lister would cease to exist, but then ebay said in a letter that all current users would have that ability. But now, today, for me, it has stopped. After everytime I get this message: "Turbo Lister EXE has stopped working..." and then it closes program, after I click 'close program', and then when I start up I get a "Welcome To Turbo Lister" and What would you like to do?" "Open an existing Turbo Lister file" "Already have a Turbo Lister file? Open an existing file". Then when I try to use admin, and even just opening it without using 'admin' I am still unable to click on TOOLS CHECK FOR PROGRAM UPDATES Checking for program updates"
TURBO LISTER APPLICATION UPDATE RECOMMENDED
DATA UPDATES
LISTING DESIGNER TEMPLATES
I have tried updating everyone and then unchecking all three but it won't let me update unless I click on one, at least, and then it just closes again and again and again.

If you can please help me, I could get back to listing auctions to pay the bills.

I have tried this over and over again, and have absolutely no where else to turn.

How does this happen?
STOP THE INSANITY.
Please help.
Thank you.
steveman99

Message 29 of 46
latest reply

After two weeks of trying, last night, still with some difficulty, I was able to finally successfully update TurboLister.  The only way I could make it work was to uncheck all but one of the updates and do them each independently.  Took over an hour that way, but at least it is now done.

I just looked at 4 items I listed with TL last night.  I haven't listed anything in over a month, so was quite surprised by the result.  The item description that shows when I open my listings, is a Reader's Digest Condensed version, apparently written by someone with ADD who is also dyslexic or perhaps in the throes of dementia.  Apparently the only way potential bidders can see what I actually wrote, is by clicking on the "View Full Description" option.  What the heck is up with that **bleep**?!

Message 30 of 46
latest reply