cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turbo Lister update failure

I have two computers running Windows 10. On both computers, Turbo Lister crashes when I try to perform a data update.

I have tried both systems using administrator rights.

Anyone have a guess of what to try next?

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

@lgbusinesscenter wrote:

I have two computers running Windows 10. On both computers, Turbo Lister crashes when I try to perform a data update.

I have tried both systems using administrator rights.

Anyone have a guess of what to try next?

I had that happen last week when there was just a Data Update. I did the contact TL peope from the program and got an email back saying that there is some necessary Program Update that they are working on and that once we see the Program Update when you check for Updates we need to uncheck the Data Update, download/install the Program Update and then do the Data Update.

As of this morning I still do not see the Program Update they are referencing but I got this information via emails from 2 different TL people plus I asked about it on the Ebay For Business Facebook and got the same information.

Message 2 of 46
latest reply

Thank you for the information. I did try the " install complete version update" option on one system and have the same problem.

Message 3 of 46
latest reply

@lgbusinesscenter wrote:

Thank you for the information. I did try the " install complete version update" option on one system and have the same problem.

Doing that isn't going to help if eBay hasn't prepared this Program Update that we are supposed to be getting.  I thought we would be getting it toward the end of last week but so far I've not seen it.

Message 4 of 46
latest reply

@lgbusinesscenter - Thank you for posting your concerns regarding the latest updates shutting down your copy of Turbo Lister. I'm sorry that you are running into this issue.

We are currently working on properly releasing updates to Turbo Lister to match up with the category changes on eBay. With our latest update release, the updates wasn't properly installed in the correct order needed.

What @readabouthorses informed you to do with "unchecking" the "Data updates" was correct. Application Updates would need to be installed first before the "Data" updates. We should have this update process corrected soon.

Using "Install Complete Version Updates" deletes all existing updates and the program forces you to install every update available without allowing you to uncheck certain updates that is needed.

Unfortunately, you won't be able to run the proper manual install workaround being that your copy of Turbo Lister is now trying to install every update.

I'm sorry for the inconvenice. Please await for another update release from us that will fix this process for you. If you are able to upload your listings without needing the updates, please continue to do so. We'll have the newest update release soon.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to response to this post or reach out to us direct at turbodata@ebay.com or call us through the phohe help line and ask for the Advanced Apps team.

Thank you again.

Sincerely,

mykal@ebay

eBay Support

Message 5 of 46
latest reply

Thank you for the info, Mykal. I am also waiting to be able to do my latest update. Would it be possible for you to post back on this board and advise us when the update has been completed and we can use it again? It would be appreciated!

Message 6 of 46
latest reply

Good thinking. I can definitely do that. - Mykal.
Message 7 of 46
latest reply

I just 'Chatted' with EBay support online and they said that Turbo Lister was no longer supported and suggested I use EBay's multiple listing tools.

Message 8 of 46
latest reply

Customer Service is a good, but overworked dept. They may not always be in the loop of the current changes.

Yes Turbo is scheduled to be depreciated, but it is still supported for current users.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 9 of 46
latest reply

@mypaymentstest

I also would like to know just exactly how long Turbo Lister has because I was told this by Kelly on the Ebay For Business Facebook page:

TurboLister support has already ended and the program will soon stop working as a listing tool.

So just how long do we have and are we really going to get this Program and Product Update? I was told on June 18 we would be getting it but as of this morning nothing was showing up but the Product Update that won't install.

Message 10 of 46
latest reply

As of July 3, Turbo Lister is still crashing for me when trying to intall the program updates.  I'm unable to use the tool to upload any listings because it's complaining about "to list in this category the required minimum number of photos is 1" -- which my Item has satisfied.  So, I assume it is a category change issue now.

Is anyone using the tool successfully?

Will they be fixing the issue or is this truly the end of support for Turbo Lister?

Message 11 of 46
latest reply

The Program Update was delayed according to an email I got on July 1 but they hoped to have it out in the next few days.

I would imagine this is not at the top of the list of their priorities and I do wonder if anything will even be done this week due to the holiday and probably lots of people taking vacations.

The Data Update won't update until we get the Program Update.

Message 12 of 46
latest reply

Until now, there is nothing not done? I just ran into this problem. I can not update any data. The program hangs.
Message 13 of 46
latest reply

As of July 3, Turbo Lister is still crashing for me when trying to intall the program updates.  I'm unable to use the tool to upload any listings because it's complaining about "to list in this category the required minimum number of photos is 1" -- which my Item has satisfied.  So, I assume it is a category change issue now.

Is anyone using the tool successfully?

Will they be fixing the issue or is this truly the end of support for Turbo Lister?

I used it sucessfully on Sunday. I listed around 117 items.  I list collectibles. Is your problem a category issue?

Message 14 of 46
latest reply

I'm sorry for the delay. We are still awaiting for the update fix to be released. There are still some delays that we are running into to get the correct order of the updates released to all Turbo Lister users.

Turbo Lister will still allow for listings to be upload if you don't require the new categories that has been updated on our site.

Will continue to keep you guys posted for when the "Application Updates" is available.

Thank you for your continue patience on this matter.

Sincerely,

mykal@ebay

eBay Support

Message 15 of 46
latest reply