cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller Hub Calculated Shipping Cost does not reflect, compare to listed items shipping cost details.

An example- Seller Hub page shipping costs column with 'Calculated' link shows Fed Ex Ground at $14.98 to $17.32 for an active listed item.

On listing page, shipping details show Fed Ex Ground at $18.20.  (On the west coast using same zip code shipping from and to.) From past experience the amount on listing page should be $14.98.

I don't know where $18.20 came from!!!

Have been positive while adjusting to the revamp on this platform. However, the recent shipping policy change on listing draft page and the missing link to calculate shipping costs when posting an item has taken the 'Easy' out of selling on eBay for me.

Your time, comments, suggestions or guidance will be greatly appreciated.  shippingteam@ebay  nicole@ebay

Respectfully

Christina

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Seller Hub Calculated Shipping Cost does not reflect, compare to listed items shipping cost deta

@cdelight132013 

Can you provide a seller hub screenshot?

In my testing of calculated shipping with the new Unified listing form, the shipping spread has been significant, but is based on two factors. 1) retail rates are shown, and 2) Alaska remote zones are included in the spread. The older eBay shipping calculator will display retail vs commercial rates and the Unified Listing form rates don't match the older eBay shipping calculator.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Re: Seller Hub Calculated Shipping Cost does not reflect, compare to listed items shipping cost deta

Seller HubSeller Hub   Included Web capture but not sure if you can read it.. Tried to expand and ....

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

cdelight132013_0-1659718273124.png

Better....

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@cdelight132013 

I can now see the "calculated" shipping link in Seller Hub Active Items.

shipscript_1-1659723425339.png

And that link will open eBay's shipping calculator with prefilled package details (below).

shipscript_2-1659724361602.png

When I open the shipping calculator and choose FedEx Ground Retail rates, I see a spread of rates. Is this the spread you are referencing? Or are you referring to the spread between Retail (in-store) and Commercial (eBay) rates?

shipscript_5-1659725652547.png

In either case, when I visit my listing and enter my own zip, I see that shipping exceeds that of the cheapest shipping option that is 350 miles away.

shipscript_4-1659725037782.png

If I enter my own zip in the calculator, rather than using a spread of cities, the calculator will match my listing, displaying that higher rate. In my case, I can only conclude that there is a delivery surcharge for residential or for outlying areas.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply