cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return back to old style listing? Help!!

I hit the new style listing format and don’t like it how do I return to the old style listing format

Message 1 of 80
latest reply
79 REPLIES 79

Been on ebay for 15 years.  This change is terrible and completely slows down productivity.  It isn't an issue of "learning" the new format.  More clicks are required.  Directly opening image links to copy into html is much more cumbersome.   Everything is "sectioned" now and not only requires more clicks, but more time checking that each option within each section is correct.   

Please let classic mode be an option.   There is no downside having both as an option.  

Message 16 of 80
latest reply

this sucks ebay!!!  listen to your customers!!  😞

Message 17 of 80
latest reply

we have had access to this new tool  2 years in beta and I can confirm that they did not listen one tiny bit to seller feedback during development- just plowed ahead with the bad design...... now after its been released to the masses and the feedback is undeniably bad, they are starting to make changes gradually and it is all the exact same stuff we told them for years.....so NO - they do not listen to their customers until they are backed up against a wall- very poor leadership. Ignoring the customer and not listening until GMV and sales plummet from people not listing anymore because they made it such a tedious process..... 

Message 18 of 80
latest reply

Where is that option now? The new listing tool is horrible. It makes every aspect harder and more time consuming. Who asked for this? NO ONE.  Since the initial testing phase, there has not been 1 positive comment about this. I list 100% of my items on a PC, so why would I want a mobile app listing tool that only shows on 25-30% of my screen? There has to be a way to go back to the old method or this will be the end of ebay. Total garbage.

Message 19 of 80
latest reply

Nobody asked for it....... The constant ebay changes have been criticized for 15 years- its just another change for change sake to impress shareholders at the expense of users. 

Message 20 of 80
latest reply

I believe that Option is gone now..at-last eBay has put the nail into its own Coffin after 20 years with them I'm throwing in the towel. Nearly every single upgrade has been a downgrade for Seller. Not to mention the bloated fee structure. Sad state of affairs with these "New Upgrades" 

Message 21 of 80
latest reply

This link has been floated around. Does it work for you?

https://bulksell.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SingleList&forcetool=CUB

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 22 of 80
latest reply

velvet@ebay  This is extremely distressing. I get changes happen ( I have been around eBay plenty long) but this form is so user unfriendly. Not to be harsh but I think it would get a failing grade in a high school introduction to user experience class.  Maybe it works to a degree for mobile but for laptop or PC users, which assume many still remain, it is a nightmare. It violates, to a felony level, one of my primary truths of UX design, new designs fail if they add clicks rather than reduce them. The couple of times I used it Iwas quite frankly astonished at how clunky, how many new clicks and pull downs it added and more.  It's so bad I find it hard to believe they actually ran any real-life user tests on it. The old form, even with the overwhelming number of item specifics, is fairly easy to speed through.

Like so many changes at eBay, I'd really like to know is what problem does eBay thinking its solving with the new design?  I know the eBay culture is sellers complain they'll get over it. Just let them vent and two weeks from now they'll forget. But please, please get someone in authority to take a very close look at this situation.

Message 23 of 80
latest reply

Thank you so much!

Message 24 of 80
latest reply

I completely agree. Ebay needs to fix the issue that are wrong with it and not mess with what is right. I will try to sell on a different site.

Message 25 of 80
latest reply

For now it does work, thank you! 

I'm sure they will cut it off soon...  

Message 26 of 80
latest reply

@martymicro   we also started listing on other platforms because of this tool.   It only highlights how much easier it is to list everywhere else.  The ridiculous item specifics are just unnecessary- nobody else needs them......

The new unified tool simply discourages people from listing on ebay now.   It was designed first and foremost to make it cheaper for ebay to manage the IT.  No consideration for the actual customer who uses the tool was taken into consideration obviously.  

Message 27 of 80
latest reply

Ebay recently put a "Switch to Business Tool" link in the upper right hand of the screen.

To get there, just start creating a listing with the "simple" tool you are stuck with. After several "what are you selling?" and "are you sure..." prompts (almost feels like Clippy's return!) you get to the actual listing screen. The switch back link is at the top right. It switched out of Simple mode for my account and when starting a new listing, was back to Classic and I found my missing Templates!

Good luck all.

Am back from a 2 year selling hiatus and am appalled by the multiple changes. Final value fees on Sales Tax?!

Sales Tax?!!!

Message 28 of 80
latest reply

Are you talking about the three-dot menu link at the top right?  If so, it does not allow some people to switch back to the classic listing page (me for example).  I used to be able to switch back but now the option to do so has been taken away. 

Of course, it makes sense that they don't want to have to support two different systems.   But none of the rest of it makes ANY sense...  I wish I could meet with the brain trust that created this new system. 

Message 29 of 80
latest reply

@empscientific

...meet the brain trust designing the newest desktop app...

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.PzKLoOGFxeuKs4pkbTcqxgHaDt%26pid%3DApi&f=1

If you use the link to start a new listing on the old form, will it bring back the "switch" option on your sell-similar?

https://bulksell.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SingleList&forcetool=CUB

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 30 of 80
latest reply