cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return back to old style listing? Help!!

I hit the new style listing format and don’t like it how do I return to the old style listing format

Message 1 of 80
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Return back to old style listing? Help!!

@bogiesmotors wrote:

I hit the new style listing format and don’t like it how do I return to the old style listing format

Hi @bogiesmotors! For now you can switch back to the classic view by clicking the three dots in the upper right corner of the listing form (screen shot below). If there are things you don't like about the new listing flow though, make sure you utilize the Feedback option. That way the listing team can make improvements where necessary. 

velvetebay_0-1649859878826.png

Velvet,
eBay

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 80
latest reply
79 REPLIES 79

@bogiesmotors wrote:

Hi @bogiesmotors! For now you can switch back to the classic view by clicking the three dots in the upper right corner of the listing form (screen shot below). If there are things you don't like about the new listing flow though, make sure you utilize the Feedback option. That way the listing team can make improvements where necessary. 

velvetebay_0-1649859878826.png

Velvet,
eBay
Message 2 of 80
latest reply

I have the 3 dots but only have Feedback and New Update. So how do I get back to the classic listing form, I hate this new format.

Message 3 of 80
latest reply

@drivinsales wrote:

I have the 3 dots but only have Feedback and New Update. So how do I get back to the classic listing form, I hate this new format.

I did some asking around @drivinsales and it sounds like they're working to make this permanent for sellers. That means groups of sellers are being migrated to the new listing flow without an option to return to the classic listing form.

Not the response you wanted I know, but that is why you aren't seeing the option to revert to the classic listing flow now. From here, I would encourage you to submit your Feedback via the link in the listing form I noted in my last post. Hopefully between using it more, and any updates that come about due to seller feedback, you'll grow to like the new format.  

Velvet,
eBay
Message 4 of 80
latest reply

I appreciate the moderators optimism but is eBay actually saying that they know nobody likes this change but the more you are forced to use it you will get used to it? The problem is, that its is a bad design from the ground up. It was cool talking point years ago to unify the listing experience but nobody took into account that it the USA reason that we have different devices! I already make the point that eBay employees and reps doNOT conduct business on phones, they use a computer because they NEED greater functionality.  So do we eBay! We are running businesses. This is not a game.  This listing tool cuz out productivity in half at best! That equals real world financial losses..... And for what reason? Is it just fun to constantly change the platform for the worse?

Message 5 of 80
latest reply

Well that's just great, the new listing tool is garbage!

Message 6 of 80
latest reply

beyond garbage- please call in and leave feedback on every channel you can  so they give us back the classic tool so we can get back to work.  I cant list here until this is fixed- I will list on facebook or Mercari 

Message 7 of 80
latest reply

yeah like we have faith in "the listing team can make improvements where necessary. "

They would need to leave the whole format as per the classic format...as there is nothing in this new listing format that is an improvement!

Message 8 of 80
latest reply

I have 2 other selling sites that I list on and you can be sure I will be utilizing them even more. This new listing format on eBay is crap and is nothing but a time waster!

Message 9 of 80
latest reply

@mrdutch1001 

Agreed lol- it is a complete waste of time to use on a desktop- to be fair to the design team, it does work fine on a phone but does NOT translate to a desktop experience that is remotely usable. I love this comment-"They would need to leave the whole format as per the classic format...as there is nothing in this new listing format that is an improvement!" - it should be on a banner above the door when they walk into the office each day 

Message 10 of 80
latest reply

I've looked everywhere and cant find that link to revert back, a million things to do and now have to deal with my work taking at least 3 times longer!

Message 11 of 80
latest reply

Today is September 9, 2022....

I have been selling on eBay for 20 years, week in week out, this has to be among the worst decisions they have made. 

It wastes time and effort for those of us using a computer for this work. 

How difficult would it be to put a button on at the "three dots" that allows us to revert to the classic view for posting items.  Then they could actually measure how many people use which platform. And even if more used the NEW approach (which I doubt) the classic style would still be there for the rest of us. 

Message 12 of 80
latest reply

I am not happy is an understatement .. the people that create this crap don't have a clue.. I was doing great yesterday ... now I am **bleep**..

Jim in Olympia

Message 13 of 80
latest reply

I accidentally switched myself from the Classic View to the Seller's Hub/new listing format a couple of days ago when I was clicking around in a frenzy trying to find a solution to another problem I was having.  Oh lordy!   I don't know how it translates to a phone (because I don't use my phone for anything except for an occasional call or text) but it's agony trying to navigate the listing page from a desktop.   At the time, I tried to undo what I had done but couldn't find a way.  I don't sell often or much on eBay but I vowed I was done selling if I was stuck dealing with that Seller's Hub mess.   Fortunately, I stumbled upon this thread today and was able to figure out how to revert back to the Classic View.  Hallelujah!

Long post to basically say, I think your idea of being able to switch, as needed, between the 2 views would be an awesome idea.  What works for one or a few rarely works for all.  Choice is a good thing!

Message 14 of 80
latest reply

How to return the old list

Message 15 of 80
latest reply