cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return back to old style listing? Help!!

I hit the new style listing format and don’t like it how do I return to the old style listing format

Message 1 of 80
latest reply
79 REPLIES 79

Re: Return back to old style listing? Help!!

BRAVO my friend...bravo.

Message 46 of 80
latest reply

eBay has advised me that I will NEVER be allowed to go back to the classic listing style.

We have a process here where we have forms that correlate to the classic listing tool.

eBay has chosen to ignore the needs of a 20 plus year customer.

We have done hundreds of thousands of dollars in sales thru eBay.
Their continuous policy changes have had a major effect on us and the way that we do business.

When a company makes rigid rules without customer  relief, they lose those customers.

We have decided to close ALL of our sales listings and close our account with eBay.

Unique-and-affordable has been a customer since the first week that eBay started.

This is our final GOOD BYE!

Message 47 of 80
latest reply

That is such a shame but I hope you have success on another platform!   To all those cheerleaders that attack people who "say" they are done with ebay but still sell here....... take a look- unique-and-affordable has indeed ended all their listings. The listing tool was the straw that broke the back of a 20 year seller!

Message 48 of 80
latest reply

Terrible I may stop selling because of this new type of listing ,why a UPC on an used item that doesn't have one , can't believe this

Message 49 of 80
latest reply

This new listing tool is crap.  guess i start moving my products elsewhere cause i refuse to use this.  it is not easy to use and has ruined my productivity in listing.

Crystal

Message 50 of 80
latest reply

I've been using the new listing tool for almost 2 years now and forgot what the older listing tools were like and I have to say, I like the new tool better.

Sure, when I first switched over, I didn't like it because it was different from what I was used to using.

Same way with the Seller Hub, started using it as soon as we were able to switch.

Didn't like either one at first, but I knew we would be using them later, so I learned how to use them.

Now that everyone is being switched over and complaining about it, here I am doing just fine, because I took the time to learn them before we were forced to use them.

You guys have had almost two years to work with the new listing tool, why didn't you before now?

Have a great day.
Message 51 of 80
latest reply

@kensgiftshop For starters- i did have access to it in early beta and i did use it once every week for the last two years in order to see what they were doing and changing and to give feedback.     It was completely and unbearably useless back then- so it has come a long way for sure.

The reason that people opt to NOT use ebay's new tools is because of the history of releasing unwanted tools that are glitchy and not properly tested and usually inferior. who in their right mind would want to struggle with a barely functioning new tool when the old one works perfectly well?

What you forget is that for many sellers- this is our livelihood and we do not want to screw around beta testing and loosing money while being a test subject to work out the bugs in badly designed software products.  We pay for a working product- we get no discount for trying out new products that damage our businesses.

It has always been in seller's best interest to wait as long as possible to accept any ebay changes- remember managed payments rollout- that had very serious consequences that hurt and or destroyed many seller's businesses.... it was so bad at first that ebay even had to pay the difference in average sales lost to early adopters because there stores/sales dropped so dramatically-----although i will give them credit for making good on it with those sellers.

Generally ebay change is riddled with issues- so that is why people wait as long as possible.

Message 52 of 80
latest reply

Because it has sucked for two years...

Message 53 of 80
latest reply

Realistically this is what we have to work with now... No going back.   I do not doubt that it can be made better but we need communication from eBay to help us understand where they are coming from. Do they think this is acceptable or even good at this point? Has eBay moved on to other priorities? When can we expect the next version of this tool that is more inline with the classic and dare I say correct way to list on a desktop?

Message 54 of 80
latest reply

Totally agree...worse than internet explorer, and vista..

Message 55 of 80
latest reply

Yes it does work, but unfortunately I live in GB and therefore the currency - time - and postage etc is wrong. Is there a way to change this.

Message 56 of 80
latest reply

I wonder if we will see any more improvements to the new listing tool this year or if they are waiting till after the xmas season......

Message 57 of 80
latest reply

@joegurling 
To get to the UK site, change the domain from .com to .co.uk
I just tried it for the .de site and it works there as well.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 58 of 80
latest reply

Thank you very much for your reply.  I have done what you suggested and have got the original listing back. I have not tried to list an item yet, but see no reason why it should not work.  I do wonder if it will continue to work or whether eBay will catch up in the future and ban it. We can only hope.

Thanks again for taking the time to get back to me.

Kind regards

Message 59 of 80
latest reply

Ebay - please take note of the "grass roots" movement to help sellers revert to the classic listing tool because nobody likes the new one..... this is the most honest "feedback" you could ask for.  

Message 60 of 80
latest reply