cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promoted Individual Listings Percentage Is no more?

Hello all! I have noticed that for the last 2 weeks when I'm making a new listing and at the bottom to choose the option for "promote this listing by % ", for extra exposure, that function is no longer there? I'm taking about the individual listings NOT the  in the manage promotion seller hub "create  a promotion" Not that category, I'm asking about the Individual one that was an option at the bottom of every listing, you had an option of % and it gave you a going rate and you could then decide how much of a percentage to put on that item for greater visibility. When calling ebay, they have said many different answers from there is a glitch in the system, that function has been removed and one even said I just don't know! So, has anyone else had this problem, I really liked that function to promote on an individual basis and it having you an average going rate of % to judge by.  Sorry this is so long but it's frustrating not knowing why these things happen. Thank you! 

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Promoted Individual Listings Percentage Is no more?

Hi @knateb,

Thank you for your question. You should have access to use Promoted Listings Standard through the individual listing flow as long as you are not listing an item in one of the ineligible categories: Vehicles, Real Estate, Everything Else, and some Travel categories. In addition, Auction and Auction Buy It Now are not eligible for Promoted Listings Standard. Full FAQ can be found here. We will follow this thread if you have any other questions.

~eBayAdsTeam

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

The function no long appears when I make a buy it now for an eligible single item.  Example, I create a buy it now auction for i.e. a dress and at the bottom it no longer has the function for promoted listing standard. Your answer above....When I pressed the promoted listing standard above you attached, it ultimately takes me to the "Advertising dashboard" for "create a new campaign" This is what I do NOT want. I want the function that was available in the "individual" buy it now auction I would create for a specific individual item.  Has something changed with that individual item function that was in the newly created listing? 

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

This function was at the bottom of a listing to promote that particular item and you got to choose what % you wanted to set it at, it gave you an average % of what the other sellers going rate was. You then decided what % you wanted to promote that INDIVIDUAL item and then then finish and list it. It was simple and I just don't understand where that function disappeared to? 

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Hi, can you post a screenshot of this portion of the listing you're trying to promote?

Screen Shot 2021-09-24 at 08.33.45.png

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

@knateb 

Are you able to add the promotion after you list?

https://www.ebay.com/sh/lst/active

In Seller Hub, there is a column to add promotions to individual listings (if you don't see that column, use the "Customize Table" option on that page).  The column will let you know if an item is eligible for promoting (the right column in my screenshot) and will have a link to add a promotion.

Seller Hub - promote listingsSeller Hub - promote listings

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Thank you kindly shipscript **bleep**

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Shipscript, let me know if you received my message. Thank you! **bleep**

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

POPBLOX   YES!!! That is what I'm talking about! I do not get the "sell it **bleep**

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

YES, that is what I'm talking about! I don't get the "sell it fast promoted listing" option! You have there bellow,  I get the value pricing but not the  "sell it fast promoted listing" and this is what I has changed 3 weeks ago and I can't figure why that function isn't available to me anymore! 

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Thank you for your time and effort but unfortunately it didn't work. In my seller hub, in the right column "promoted listings" Yours gives you an option to promote, mine is blank. It tried to customize it section for "promoted listings" and it's still a blank column for me, doesn't give me the option like yours. 

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Screen Shot 2021-09-24 at 1.38.07 PM.png

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Screen Shot 2021-09-24 at 1.38.07 PM.png

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

I started getting this today popping up when I push list this item every single listing. it`s very annoying. Now it`s not a percentage it`s 3.99 per listing. Doe`s Ebay really think I`m going to spend 3.99 to promote a 4.99  item ???? the page is laid out so that it`s very easy to accidentally say yes, I know because  I've already done that once by clicking on the X at the top thinking it would turn it off. The "not now" option is way at the bottom edge so you can also accidentally hit the "promote you`re listing" directly above it and very close. Please tell me this isn`t deliberate.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply