cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Drive Says Full Says I Won't Be Able To Use E-mail So I paid.

I just logged onto my computer and I got a message saying that my one drive was over filled and I won't be able to use my e-mail or other things so I clicked on some link to pay and subscribed to a $19.99 plan and then I received a messages saying it's 86 percent filled and if I run out I won't be able to send and receive e-mail so I subscribed to a $69 plan and now it's still saying it's 86 percent full and the same e-mail warning. Does anyone know what I should do I need to make sure I get to use my e-mail.  Did I get tricked into purchasing something I didn't need?

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: One Drive Says Full Says I Won't Be Able To Use E-mail So I paid.

Yes you were tricked. However you payed call that institution as soon as you can and stop payment. 

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Payed= Paid

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Yes you were tricked. However you payed call that institution as soon as you can and stop payment. 

OK but what should I do about this storage message I received?  How will I operate if my storage runs out?  I'm pretty sure this is from Microsoft because the link that I clicked on was directly on my Outlook program.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

In my opinion, 86% full means you have a ways to go before you fill up.

Can you take a look and see how much storage you're using?

The free plan includes: 5GB cloud storage and 15GB mailbox storage

The $20/yr plan includes: 100GB cloud storage and 50GB mailbox storage

The $70/yr plan includes: 1TB cloud storage and 50GB mailbox storage

If all of your storage is email and not the cloud, then the $20 and $70 plans give you the same level of mailbox storage. They also give you vastly more storage than the free plan.

In order to advise whether one of these plans is a good option, we need to know how much storage you are currently using for both cloud and mailbox in GB.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/onedrive/compare-onedrive-plans

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

@mozartbach1971 wrote:

OK but what should I do about this storage message I received?  How will I operate if my storage runs out?  I'm pretty sure this is from Microsoft because the link that I clicked on was directly on my Outlook program.

@mozartbach1971 

If I didn't know any better it sounds like you just purchased some Cloud storage.  Sure, you could have been scammed out of paying for something you don't need.  I put a lot of older files on flash drives to free up space on my computer.

Is your computer new or old?  If old consider getting a new one BUT that doesn't address the storage message you will keep getting.  For that you can clear your cookies, cache file and browsing history in an attempt to strip out how they contacted you.  

If you can get the charges reversed that would be great BUT if you can't try this: contact your credit card company, explain what happened and have them issue you a new card with a new number.  

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

MANY 'free' email accounts (gmail, yahoo, even hotmail) ALL have a limit but what MANY don't do is 'delete' your emails. 

Delete your emails on a daily basis for those that you do NOT need to keep, and those in the 'trash' (deleted) will be permanently removed in 30 days (most) and for those 'email systems' that do NOT do this- you need to go to 'trash' and 'delete' again!! 

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Can you take a look and see how much storage you're using?

The free plan includes: 5GB cloud storage and 15GB mailbox storage

The $20/yr plan includes: 100GB cloud storage and 50GB mailbox storage

The $70/yr plan includes: 1TB cloud storage and 50GB mailbox storage

Could you tell me where I go to see how much storage I'm using?

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

I don't use One Drive so I'm not sure. I suggest going to your preferred search engine and typing in: one drive how to tell how much storage you're using

Or perhaps someone that uses it will come along with instructions.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

I don't know what is going on. Right now I'm away from the laptop with the issues so I can't see what is going on there. However, I noticed on my current laptop that I'm using now, when I look at my e-mails I see a message from Microsoft that says Action Required: You’re over your Microsoft storage limit.  This message was sent a couple hours after I bought the new additional storage.  

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Is your computer new or old?  If old consider getting a new one BUT that doesn't address the storage message you will keep getting.  For that you can clear your cookies, cache file and browsing history in an attempt to strip out how they contacted you.  

My computer is around four years old.   

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@mozartbach1971 wrote:

I don't know what is going on. Right now I'm away from the laptop with the issues so I can't see what is going on there. However, I noticed on my current laptop that I'm using now, when I look at my e-mails I see a message from Microsoft that says Action Required: You’re over your Microsoft storage limit.  This message was sent a couple hours after I bought the new additional storage.  

@mozartbach1971 

Too many unknowns here for your storage issue, if you use Outlook I doubt you have a storage issue and it's just a scam or way to make you pay for something you don't need.

You might benefit from trying the Geek Squad at a Best Buy, schedule an appointment, pay them to look at your system and the emails you are getting.  While many here are familiar with computers & laptops we are not familiar with yours.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Too many unknowns here for your storage issue, if you use Outlook I doubt you have a storage issue and it's just a scam or way to make you pay for something you don't need.

You might benefit from trying the Geek Squad at a Best Buy, schedule an appointment, pay them to look at your system and the emails you are getting.  While many here are familiar with computers & laptops we are not familiar with yours.

The link was on my outlook program. Could someone be scamming me that way? I also received the confirmation e-mail from Microsoft for the purchase.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

If that is true why would they give the message that if I run out I won't be able to send e-mails right after they said I'm 86 percent full? Is this Microsoft just trying to get me to buy more of their product?

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Yes they are trying to sell you their product. It's not a "scam" just a sales tactic. The message probably triggers when you hit approx 85% and they'll send you constant reminders until you either move your email storage, delete unneeded emails, or buy their higher storage plan. Or switch to a different email client. You can ignore the emails if you want until you get closer to 95%.

At this point you need to see if it's possible to cancel the plan you purchased or if you can downgrade back to the $20 plan or even back to the free plan. You also need to see if you were charged $20 then another $70 since you purchased 2 different plans.

If you need the additional storage the $20 /yr plan would be fine.

You can also download all your emails onto your device and remove them from the cloud storage. Then your cloud storage will be back to nothing and you can coast on the free plan. If you download to your computer, make sure you're backing up on an external hard drive.

GLORIOUS!

Message 15 of 15
latest reply