cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Listing Tool - Is there a way to go back

Has anyone found a way to switch back to the old listing tool? My biggest problem with the current one is I can't seem to find a way to go from creating one listing right into creating another. The previous tool had a create new option that just took you right back to the product search page, this new format you have to click sell again, click create new listing and then search. I'd much prefer the old tool. Is there a way to switch back?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: Old Listing Tool - Is there a way to go back

There are 3 little dots top right

click and return to classic view

Message 2 of 52
latest reply

One of the worst changes eBay has ever done. Three clicks to change anything.

Brand? Three clicks.

MPN? Three clicks.

Package Weight? Three Clicks

Package Dimensions? Three clicks.

Shipping options? Three clicks.

This will seriously bog down our ability to quickly list items. Truly a terrible change. What are they thinking?

Message 3 of 52
latest reply

Horrible new listing tool!

Message 4 of 52
latest reply

You can try this,

https://www.ebay.com/mys/overview

The links to various selling pages are on the left side under "Selling". I open each page (Sold, Active, Scheduled, etc.) in a new tab and just navigate between tabs. Works for me. Try it. You might like it.

BTW, I haven't used an eBay listing page in years. I just bring up a closed or current listing and use "Sell similar", editing the item to match the parameters of the new listing. No fiddling with constantly-changing eBay listing pages. The listing also gets a new item number and the "New listing" tag when posted. HTH.

Message 5 of 52
latest reply

@murphyalex11 wrote:

Has anyone found a way to switch back to the old listing tool? My biggest problem with the current one is I can't seem to find a way to go from creating one listing right into creating another. The previous tool had a create new option that just took you right back to the product search page, this new format you have to click sell again, click create new listing and then search. I'd much prefer the old tool. Is there a way to switch back?

Thanks.

@murphyalex11 eBay community staff confirmed on another thread that they have begun migrating groups of sellers to the new listing tool permanently, with no option to switch back.

If you no longer have the option to go back when clicking on the three dots, I'd guess you are in one of the early groups.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Seller-Tools/Return-back-to-old-style-listing-Help/m-p/32873638/highli...

Message 6 of 52
latest reply

Likely designed by someone who never listed anything in their life. I couldn't believe it when I saw it.

Message 7 of 52
latest reply

Ebay confirmed that I'm not able to switch back. What a joke. 

Message 8 of 52
latest reply

Pitiful. Like a lot of eBay enhancements not well thought out.

Message 9 of 52
latest reply

Exactly my thought! Was there a beta test group, or did eBay designers just figure they know best.

Message 10 of 52
latest reply

Is there still an option to exclude shipping to specific countries?  I'm not seeing it anymore

Message 11 of 52
latest reply

This is what happened to me today. I have 3 different selling accounts and this is the first one to be "permanently" switched over with no way to get back to the classic selling tool. This is absolutely brutal...I understand things will get a little quicker as you use it more and more...BUT when you have to make multiple clicks for practically every field that you used to be able to do with a single click there is no way to argue this is faster or more streamlined. This is a mess. 

I used the "Calculate Shipping" option most of the time...With the old format, If I wanted to ship something for free there was a box I could simply check for free s/h even tho my option was still "Calculate". Now in order to choose free s/h I have to go in and switch from calculated to flat rate and then click free shipping. 

I honestly cannot believe this is what we now have to work with. Again, change for the sake of making a change by people that don't even sell on eBay. There is no way anyone that is using a desktop to list can think this is an improvement.  

Message 12 of 52
latest reply

I've spent the morning trying to get around this. They don't introduce a new format and then not foist it on people. As soon as I saw that they were introducing a new selling tool, I thought "uh-oh, that's never good". It's very inefficient. Just what I've been aiming for - listing less efficiently, slower, more errors and frustrations.

And for anyone reading - there is no work around. I've also spoken with ebay and once they've moved you into the new format it's a done deal. If you are trying it out and you still have the option of clicking back over to classic, enjoy while you can,  it's just for a season, you will also be moved over at some point. Just like managed payments. They are doing it in groups. Like death and taxes, there is no escape.

LET THE TANTRUMS BEGIN.

Message 13 of 52
latest reply

I tried switching over to the new tool for 1 week, ahead of eBay forcing it on me.

As expected, it is truly horrible. Much harder to use, it is not all on one page like the current tool.

If you have to revise an item, just make one simple change, it is not bad. If you want to create a new listing, or do a sell similar, but with lots of changes, it is horrible. It takes much more time to get a listing finished.

I switched back to the current tool after a week & dread when I will be forced to use the new tool.

Another epic eBay fail!

I long for the days of the excellent Turbo Lister.

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
Message 14 of 52
latest reply

There are 3 little dots on the upper right portion of the new listing page, click those 3 little dots & switch to the classic listing view. 

Message 15 of 52
latest reply