cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New listing tool takes five times as long as the old way.

Today started the day that I am being forced to use the new listing tool. I find it to be horrendous. It is taking me five times as long to create a listing as the old way. Instead of everything being on one page, where you just keep going down to fill things in, you now have to keep mouse clicking on the different sections and scroll down all the options. The set up is time consuming and more confusing. I hate it to the point where I think I will be looking for another platform to sell on. I simply do not have the extra time to create listings in such a soul sucking and time consuming manner. Whoever in ebay decided this would be a good change needs to be fired. Who wants listings to take more time instead of less? Are you kidding me?

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: New listing tool takes five times as long as the old way.

It is too many clicks eBay. You want us to add as many item specifics as possible, but make it so extremely complex to add a single item specific. If I have to click 3 times to add any item specific, I am adding the minimum possible.

Three clicks to add a brand name, and three clicks for an MPN? Something that is required in every listing just gained 4 clicks? 

It really seems like they made this change without consulting a single seller. I've listed over 100,000 listings in my life and I can tell you how to make it faster. Three clicks for a brand name is not the way, eBay.

Please eBay, contact me I will volunteer to be on the board or work with your engineering team. You need REAL SELLERS on the ground at your headquarters. We are the heartbeat and cash cow of your organization. You need actual sellers there with you at headquarters. Please contact me and I will fly out.

Message 16 of 33
latest reply

Exactly. They need to find a group of sellers and pay them to give insight as to how to improve the listing experience. No one wants it to take more time. No one. We want it to be faster and easier, not more tedious and time consuming. I honestly think I will be looking for a new platform to sell on. I'm barely making any money on here anymore the way it is and now to have the listing process take five times as long. That is the nail in the coffin.

Message 17 of 33
latest reply

I think the folks that create these things at time do not use them so they are clueless about the time consuming stuff people have to go through. It may be that you just need to get used to it again, but I am fearing the conversion already.

Message 18 of 33
latest reply

I do not really have any intension of leaving ebay right now but i am certainly not going to waste my time all day to list half of what i could list last week with the classic tool.   I am taking an ebay listing break- my new items are going to other platforms until ebay listens to sellers.   This is not personal or preference ebay - its practical- the new tool is just that bad

Message 19 of 33
latest reply

The entire experience regarding Ebay is changed. Ebay is no longer what it used to be.

I used to be selling here on Ebay. After May/June ´21 it was no more. Many, and I mean MANY Sellers stopped their business here after certain changes in ´20 & ´21. And I talk about Sellers that worked on both Ebay and running their own physical store for decades.

I used to sell. I used to buy. I even traded with People from different parts of the World. It was on some occasions even possible to meet some of them people in real, in person, to talk and share stories.

Today, I just happen to buy some small items from time to time here on Ebay on a few rare occasions. Gone are the days, where it was considered fun and a joy to experience Ebay.

My overall experience considering both good and bad things here on Ebay have over the long period I been here, a great and wonderful experience. Gone are the great, easy and enjoyable Ebay. And one day even Ebay will just be a memory past.

Message 20 of 33
latest reply

I know what you mean but i actually still have fun on ebay and the thrill of a good sale still feels great. The experience of helping other get the vintage and rare things they need is satisfying. The connections with others around the world is neat. Making a living from home is wonderful...... Dealing with Ebay changing the listing tool for the worse...not so much.   

I hate to be so outspoken about it but in this day and age- it seems to be the only way to get change......Since obvious common sense was not even a consideration in designing this tool....... Ebay think tank- listen up everyone- how can we make it take longer to list?- I want everyone on it!    What if we add popups? I know- lets add three or four clicks to everything they do now!  oooh I know- lets hide everything that they use on every  listing in sub menus.      Make it so.   Sounds funny like this but not when you use it.

Message 21 of 33
latest reply

Obviously, you have not been exposed to the "new" listing page which just went into effect in the last day or two....good luck.

Message 22 of 33
latest reply

Been selling on eBay for over 20 years and by far, this is the worst listing tool/format they have come up with. All drop down menus which you then have to search for or enter your own and HOPE it is accepted. PLUS way too many easy to miss 'REQUIRED' entries that aren't readily apparent upfront like the previous format which was the BEST version they have had.....

Message 23 of 33
latest reply

As I always say on here, they "update" things to make it look fresh and new, but change for the sake of change isn't always a good idea... and it's typically NEVER a good idea on this site.   They are probably all so proud of themselves for launching this new listing tool "successfully"...   the day they do something that is successful and a benefit to sellers, I'll be the first one to send them a case of champagne.  *wink*

The old page was self explanatory and easy to navigate.  I hate having to keep using the mouse too to click on each next thing.  If anyone has been around here from the beginning, remember when every single thing you had to enter to list an item was on a single page?  Like, you would type in your title, and click next, it would bring you to the next page,  to pick your category, then you click next again...and so on.  Haha, that was seriously annoying back then when each page would hang because we were dialed up to America Online after finally getting in after trying to dial in 90 times. LOL 🙂

Message 24 of 33
latest reply

Lol- maybe it like a throw-back listing tool!  meant to remind us how slow listing was in 2001 lol

Message 25 of 33
latest reply

I am not certain 100 percent but I think they modified it so that the mobile listing tool and the regular computer listing tool would work together better.

Message 26 of 33
latest reply

@vintagecraze50 

Im sure your right- it was meant to make a simpler back end for ebay techs to manage.... problem is that the end usability  was not a primary concern or there was just a lack of understanding on what a good desktop tool is.   I always mention to the reps- they are using a desktop to work at ebay- why do they expect us to run our ebay businesses on a phone app?

Message 27 of 33
latest reply

100% UX failure. Did eBay even field test this form with real users and get feedback? I don't think so. 

Message 28 of 33
latest reply

Lol- they tested it for at least 18 months. I had access to it that long ago and tried it once a week and left feedback before switching back to classic...... I almost wish they had not tested it- its worse knowing that they just ignore the feedback from the people who actually use the tool!

Message 29 of 33
latest reply

@siamjane8 wrote:

Lol- they tested it for at least 18 months. I had access to it that long ago and tried it once a week and left feedback before switching back to classic...... I almost wish they had not tested it- its worse knowing that they just ignore the feedback from the people who actually use the tool!

This is another discussion topic(issue) that never sees anything substantial when it comes to improvements.

-Lotz

Message 30 of 33
latest reply