cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing an item on recent shipment

I ordered a new office chair on eBay and it arrived about an hour ago.  I went to assemble it however the shaft that gets inserted into the base and the bottom of the seat is missing.  The three white covers that cover the shaft are in the box but not the steel shaft itself.  Please advise as I was going to contact the seller myself but it appears eBay does not want me to handle my claim that way.  

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Missing an item on recent shipment

Nobody here can help you with the product number, order number, or the seller.

This is not ebay but rather an ebay community board.

If you didn't receive what you ordered then file a "not as described" claim with ebay.

-------------
Posting ID
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Try contacting the seller first. eBay is not the seller, we/they are individuals. eBay is just the owner of the platform we sell and buy on. Like Craigs list or Facebook market page.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I would contact the seller first. If they have more chairs they would be able to send you a shaft or give you a parttial refund to order a replacement shaft.  I'm sure they would be happy to do that than have you open a case and they have to pay return shipping and you have to box it back up and return it and wait on a refund. 

Then if the seller doesn't solve the problem then you open a return case. People here suggest you open a case if it's not as described before even contacting the seller, and I think that's wrong.  Sellers should be told of the problem and given an opportunity to fix the problem before they file a not as described case or automatically open a return.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply