cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Isn't it eBay's policy shipped without within three business days

I thought it was eBay's policy shipped within three business days and not sit on your butt for 6 days before sending the item if I would have known it was going to take that long I'd rather order it at Walmart or somebody else that's eager to do the business and not do nothing but sit on your butt not ship out your item I asked him very nicely email him asking him to send it out as soon as he could because I was going on a road trip within 8 to 9 days for 3 weeks I would love to have had it on the trip so therefore since he hasn't shipped it yet I'd rather have a refund then and to do business with somebody else

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

You probably are not going to see this and probably also not aware that all you did was post on a forum full of nothing but other members. You are not talking to ebay or the seller. 

But...there is NO predetermined 'time' of when a seller must ship; they simply must ship within the handling days that they state. Each seller determines that.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

A seller can have a handling time anywhere between 0 and 30 days.  The important thing to pay attention to is the estimated date of delivery.  If you receive it by then, great - no matter when the seller shipped it.  

If you don’t receive it by the last date of delivery you were given when you purchased the item, you can open an item not received case the next day for a refund.

GloryBells  • 
eBay Mentor Since 2008

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Seller (not ebay) sets their shipping and handling time and it's in each listing. You can choose not to buy from a seller with a long shipping time.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Actually, it is up to each seller to set their own shipping times. They are encouraged by eBay to ship within a short time frame but apparently not every seller can adhere to that. You should get in the habit of looking at the listing description to notice what the estimated date of arrival is prior to purchasing. That would save you some possible stress. I have passed on listings before because the time period was too long for my tastes. Best of luck to you....

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

What was the estimated delivery date in the email sent by eBay when you made the purchase?

Posting ID
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Depends on seller as explained in prior replies 

Sellers are both part time and fulltime many, many have fulltime jobs.

Please consider this when buying from eBay and as stated handling times are stated in every item listing.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply