cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I print the listing for an item I purchased?

Every time eBay changes something things get worse.  There used to be a 'print' option on the item listing.  That disappeared and there was a way of doing it thru the feedback menu.  The new feedback menu is no improvement and the abbility to print the listing has diasppeared.  Does anyone know a new workaround?

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Re: How do I print the listing for an item I purchased?

Ok. Like I said, I was just confused.

And that sort of info is helpful, although in my case, it just reinforces my refusal to use newer Firefox versions - all the garbage and UI changes they are making are useless, annoying, and counterproductive to me.

Right now I'm battling with Firefox 52 trying to get it to work the way I want it to. Addons for it are broken, no status bar for all the tools I use (Status4ever addon doesn't work right even thought it should), options like fine cookie control removed, and dozens of other things taken away that I need, while all they add are mobile looking UI features, cloud storage options I don't want, and other fluffy "ooh shinys", Because I can't get a lot of things to work in it, it is a less safe browser for me than Firefox 31.

Unfortunately, I have to use it. Google Recaptcha does not work in lesser Firefox versions (might work in FF50 or FF40* versions - haven't tested and there is no info I can find), and pretty much the entire web has drunk the google koolaid and uses it (not ever going to sign into even a fake google account to bypass Recaptcha)
Message 31 of 42
latest reply

I'm using Firefox, but it's probably the same for other browsers. Go to the menu button (top right for FF) and select "save page as". This should then save the page on your system.

Message 32 of 42
latest reply

Doesn't work anymore.  At least not for me!  I think they are trying to incentivizing us to buy membership to some google thing where printing stuff out is a PRIVILEGE oohh aaahh!

Message 33 of 42
latest reply

You can take a picture with your camera suppose.  Tedious.  Expect more losses of freedom and postal costs to continue to rise in the near future. ..

Message 34 of 42
latest reply

When you use the link with an item number at the end, you do see a Print link but it does not bring up a print dialog which is what  the user was after.  I guess the only way is a straight print of the webpage the normal way.

Message 35 of 42
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much for your script. I found that I had to add ;void(0); after the function to get your script to work. I am using Firefox Quantum 66.0.3 32 Bit. It now works with the standard Order Details page. I am in Australia so you may want to remove the .au in the two URL's.

javaXscript:(function(){if(location.href.substring(0,42)=='https://vod.ebay.com.au/vod/FetchOrderDetails');void(0); {window.location.href='https://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&view=all&'+window.location.href.match(/item... window.location.href.match(/transid=[0-9]*[^\&]/i)[0].replace("rans","");}})();void(0);

Message 36 of 42
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Being a newby I stuffed up by adding a smiley in the script. Please replace the sad face with a colon followed by an open bracket as well as removing the X in javaXscript. Also the second void(0); at the end of the script is not required.

Message 37 of 42
latest reply

@Anonymous 

The forum has a code box that is opened by clicking the </> symbol on the text tool bar.  Code pasted into that box should display correctly.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 38 of 42
latest reply

I can print what i purchased but it cuts off the right margin, how do I adjust it so I get the content on the right?

Message 39 of 42
latest reply

Print margins are controlled by the browser margin settings when printing a web page. Perhaps the settings are too narrow for the width of the page.

You can change the margins in the browser settings. If that is the reason, then why are the margins not right? Do you use a larger font than normal? 

Before changing the margins, try to figure out why. Changing margins may affect other printing of web pages like shipping labels.

@shipscript  may be able to help.

Message 40 of 42
latest reply

@theyuha 

What browser do you use?

I use Firefox, but before I print a webpage, I open this top menu setting:

File > Page Setup...

The page format and page margins are available.

On Firefox, I usually checkmark the "Shrink to fit Page Width" option.  However, when I need to print a postage label, I have to go back and make sure that option is reset to 100%.

I don't have google Chrome or Edge, but extracted these instructions from the web.

When you select the "Print..." option on Chrome 56+, a new menu will open.

Scroll down and open the "+ More Settings" option.

That is where you can change 100% to a smaller value to shrink the web page to fit your print area.

Remember to change this back if you have to print something with a usable bar code.

When accessing the print option in Microsoft Edge, the print menu has options to change the margin and to change the scaling.

Choose "Shrink to Fit" from the scaling option.

Remember to set it back for bar codes and normal print jobs.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 41 of 42
latest reply

It’s not you. It’s us. its ebay's bad changes to their browsing will cause people to stop buying on here

Our server is down, but we’ll have things back to normal soon. If you still need help, visit our 

Message 42 of 42
latest reply