cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Data including Item Specifics and UPC from ebay

So here's a question about the new structured data and the product identifier that will replace the "Does not apply." I get that I can create a unique number for my item, no problem. For internal tracking purposes, unless I key that number into the Custom Label field, I can't export that number from anwhere (i.e. File Exchange). File exchange doesn't currently support downloads of item specifics, which is where the custom field or UPC would be keyed. As well, the awaiting shipment does not include the UPC field to "pull or pick" my items from my warehouse.

So...with that said. Does anyone know of a way to export my items with the UPC field (new custom identifier) field out of ebay. With turbo lister, that field is brought into my listing when I import my items from an ebay listing or sync.

Hope this makes sense!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Export Data including Item Specifics and UPC from ebay

Our terminal friend TurboLister will output that info during an Export function. Third party listing tools will also.

These are the only methods outside of using the eBay Trading API.

There is  a FileExchange report that will output the UPCs/Product identifiers, but it does not output Item Specifics.

In My eBay, click on FileExchange>Create a Download Request>Active, click on the FileExchange radio  button, the select Add unique identifiers (UPC,etc) in the FileExchange dropdown box, Click Save.

Note that the TurboLister export function will output 2 UPC fields, one called UPC, and the other, C:UPC. It has never been clear to this user the reason for the two different fields for the same info.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thank you so much. We have looked at that function for a while now, but instead of trying it (which we normally do) assumed that it was a blank field in which to "add" the UPC since that is the way they named the function. I can now work with that info and tie it in with my other items for the specifics! Thanks again!!
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I just wanted to change my category on 750 listings. Changing category deletes item specifics. I had extensive and detailed item specifics I didnot want to lose. DUMB Ebay doesnot gives us a way to export them and DUMB Ebay removes them if you change category or try to just add one with FIle Exchange.

SOLUTION: I used a 30 day free trial of SixBit software which DOES allow export of item specifics. SO I installed sixbit, synced with my store, exported everything. Then Export yoru EBay store with FIle Exchange. Now comes the painful part. If you have used custom labels (SKU's) or very unique lisitng titles - You sort the SixBit and File Exchange exports so that the rows match in the same order - Then copy paste the item specifics from teh sixbit file to your file exchage file - change category number or add new item specifics you want and then upload the file exchange file.

I just got done and it worked perfectly.

Thanks,
Alan Scalone

Kidz Rocks, Inc. Ebay Store Rocks and Minerals

Time Gone Buys, Inc. Ebay Store Antique Collectibles
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

If your way works for you, great! If you are experienced with Excel, this might help.

Open the SixBit file with Excel, change to sheet two, then do a Data>From file (for the FileExchange-Add product identifiers file). Select comma delimited/deselect tab delimited. Sort the file in SKU order and insert the sku column as column 1. Define the data on this sheet as a table.

Now create a column in the sixbit sheet and use the VLOOKUP excel function to combine any column from the table into the sixbit file.

You can also do the reverse(define the sixbit file as a table and pull item specifics into the Add product identifiers file). This would make more sense for your need.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 5 of 5
latest reply