cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you use GIFs in your eBay auction templates?

I was wondering if you can still use animated GIFs in your eBay auction templates?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can you use GIFs in your eBay auction templates?

@gemz2go

Yes, you can still use animated GIF images, as they are not considered "Active Content" because they can not change the content of the page after the page loads.  However, those, and all embedded images and graphics, must be hosted on a secure server in order to avoid issues displaying your description.

See the last paragraph on the summer announcement.

http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2017summer/listing-policy-updates.html

If your images are not on a secure server, eBay may display your full description "one-click-away" (similarly to the mobile presentation) instead of within the listing.

@comics-scifi-collectibles

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I would not try it with the active content restrictions.  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@gemz2go

Yes, you can still use animated GIF images, as they are not considered "Active Content" because they can not change the content of the page after the page loads.  However, those, and all embedded images and graphics, must be hosted on a secure server in order to avoid issues displaying your description.

See the last paragraph on the summer announcement.

http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2017summer/listing-policy-updates.html

If your images are not on a secure server, eBay may display your full description "one-click-away" (similarly to the mobile presentation) instead of within the listing.

@comics-scifi-collectibles

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for the correction.  

Got it now.   After I read tech related things about 5 times I start to understand them 🙂    Most of the time on days that do not end in Y 😉  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thank you 🙂

Message 5 of 5
latest reply