cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brian Please tell us exactly when this new GTC policy begins

Brian,

The link to read the Seller Update continues to be broken.  Please tell us exactly when the new GTC policy goes into effect.  Many of us may wish to remove listings that we don't want to have relisted and that we don't want to pay extra fees for.  For example, I have listings over my stores allotment and I don't want to pay to relist them.  WHEN do I need to move them to another site?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Re: Brian Please tell us exactly when this new GTC policy begins

Sad they don't have answers, not the community staffs fault but why can't ebay release the date  so we know
post #45 here from just today 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Chat-with-eBay-Staff/Community-Chat-March-13-1-00-pm-PT-General...

We are now in Mid-March.

Do you have a specific date on when the Forced GTC change will take place?

Hi eauctionmanagement & ekmadonna,

We don't have a date for this at the moment. As soon as it's available, we will share here on the Community.

Many thanks.

Message 16 of 48
latest reply

That's all well and good. But, what about sellers who don't come to the community? They show send an email to all sellers for something this consequential. They should tell us the exact start date and ALL applicable rules.
Message 17 of 48
latest reply

@winebreath 

Can someone  clarify  how many is  many and what percentage of many is most.  I  say just popcorn talk.  Popcorn = lots of  air or full of air and very little substance.

In my life item of almost 7  1/2  decades I quickly learned that folks  that  have no clue about  situation, subject matter, roll out, etc. will try to  "professionally" baffle you with a  lot of  meaningless generalities but are truly really sincere about so they maybe deemed an expert to  get a raise or promotion. 

Please note that  I avoided using  any reference to bovine.

@winebreath wrote:
On phone account supervisor says "they" got input from "many sellers" & GTC was most desired. Rep tells me, "Sorry ya feel GTC is the bottom of a pit, if you are leaving ebay bc of this, "bye-bye."
The rep before that one said, "just change GTC to 30-day duration. Seems they don't know.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 18 of 48
latest reply

@mdes162nj wrote:

Brian,

The link to read the Seller Update continues to be broken.  Please tell us exactly when the new GTC policy goes into effect.  Many of us may wish to remove listings that we don't want to have relisted and that we don't want to pay extra fees for.  For example, I have listings over my stores allotment and I don't want to pay to relist them.  WHEN do I need to move them to another site?

Thank you.

@mdes162nj The new GTC requirement will go into effect Monday, March 18th. If you haven't seen it, please check out Harry Temkin's update - he's our VP for Seller Experience. And look for updates in Seller News. 

Thanks for selling on eBay. 

Brian

Join us at eBay Open this September! eBay.com/ebayopen
Message 19 of 48
latest reply

Message 20 of 48
latest reply

brian_burke@ebay wrote:

@mdes162nj wrote:

Brian,

Thank you.

@mdes162nj The new GTC requirement will go into effect Monday, March 18th. If you haven't seen it, please check out Harry Temkin's update - he's our VP for Seller Experience. And look for updates in Seller News. 

Thanks for selling on eBay. 

Brian

brian_burke@ebay 

Maybe it's me but the link you supplied doesn't work to bring you to Harry's update and are you saying the date should have been in Harry's post?
Because there is no date & even the community staff didn't have or couldn't offer the date to us this past week .
So Thanks for the date .

Here's a link to Harry's post

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Good-Til-Cancelled-Update-from-Harry-Temkin-VP-of-Seller/m-p/2...

Message 21 of 48
latest reply

@labs118 wrote: ... Maybe it's me but the link you supplied doesn't work to bring you to Harry's update ...

It's not just you.

Message 22 of 48
latest reply

Didn't Harry acknowledge & indicate there would be an update for folks on the billing cycle issue?  Imo, that issue ought to be buttoned up at the same time or prior to the new policy going into effect -  

Message 23 of 48
latest reply

This is a total cash grab from eBay. They give you 200 free listings this month and they will all re-new at the normal rate next month without most people even knowing about it. You need to go in an change every one of your listings. I prefer the 30 day listings because then I can choose when I want to re-list them. When there is a promotion, I post more.

This  past year my sales have dwindled down to non-existent levels. I am cutting listing casts as much as possible. It sucks because I have to go in and adjust every listing.

Message 24 of 48
latest reply

twojoestreecare2013
Adventurer

so whats going to happen? Is anything going to be free for us.. The sellers.. We do make this site.. 

Message 25 of 48
latest reply

@twojoestreecare2013 wrote: ... Is anything going to be free for us.... 

You'll still get the same number of free basic insertions every month.  You'll have to decide whether to let existing listings roll over, or end them so you can use the month's free insertion for something else.

Message 26 of 48
latest reply

Just got hit with it today….in the middle of the day. 

oops, this was supposed to be a general reply….don't know how to change it.

Message 27 of 48
latest reply

STARTED TODAY, well at least on my 2 accounts, as usual ebay refuse's to listen to sellers. I've only seen a couple ppl for it and every one else hates it. May or may not cost me, I'll have to end some listings early but about 15% of my listings sell right before it ends and may lose a sale because I did or ending couple hours early if I'm not gonna be on at that time

Message 28 of 48
latest reply

Most likely you will know the new horrible policy has started when hundreds and hundreds of subscribers cancel their store subscriptions.  BTW, it seems to have started today, March 19th, 2019.  I am flipping old BINs to auctions for the rest of this month.  Starting next month I just won't use my Buy It Now listings.

Message 29 of 48
latest reply

AND to top it off now the sold classic view has been replace by some horror sold page, you can only 3 items at a time. Do these idiots that make these policies and program changes actually sell anything on ebay or do they just sit there and say "wonder what we can screw up today"

Message 30 of 48
latest reply