cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brian Please tell us exactly when this new GTC policy begins

Brian,

The link to read the Seller Update continues to be broken.  Please tell us exactly when the new GTC policy goes into effect.  Many of us may wish to remove listings that we don't want to have relisted and that we don't want to pay extra fees for.  For example, I have listings over my stores allotment and I don't want to pay to relist them.  WHEN do I need to move them to another site?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

If you want to read the seller update, it is visible if you open up a private browser (without cookies), or if you clear your cookies.

Then use this link:  https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2019-early/index.html

@mdes162nj wrote:

Please tell us exactly when the new GTC policy goes into effect.

If you are unsuccessful with accessing the link, then the text says that the new GTC policy goes into effect mid-March (which I suppose is about 2-3 weeks from now)

Message 2 of 48
latest reply

How about an exact date, and time since someone at e-bay  must know  

Message 3 of 48
latest reply

it clearly says 1st april
Message 4 of 48
latest reply

Funny how the link didn't work, still not fixed after two days+, and not (to my knowledge) addressed by the reps? Well, Brian said check Facebook etc... anywhere but the normal update link I guess.

For such a massive shift in the very selling practices we will shortly have to use, we need a work-around just to read the new seller update?

Message 5 of 48
latest reply

@vintagegypsycottage wrote:
it clearly says 1st april

Where do you see that? I (and other posters ) see this (bold added by me):

The listing duration for all fixed price listings will be Good 'Til Cancelled

Starting in mid-March 2019, the listing duration for all new fixed price listings on eBay will be Good 'Til Cancelled. Existing fixed price listings that are not Good 'Til Cancelled will continue until they sell or end at their specified duration. If a short-duration fixed price item is relisted, the duration will be set to Good 'Til Cancelled upon relist.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2019-early/index.html

Message 6 of 48
latest reply

So if you promote a listing will that be automatically renewed too?  What do I do if I don't want to promote that month ? Do I end the listing and start all over?   

Message 7 of 48
latest reply

It clearly says April 1st and it clearly says Mid-March 2019 . So its not so clear. 

Message 8 of 48
latest reply

On phone account supervisor says "they" got input from "many sellers" & GTC was most desired. Rep tells me, "Sorry ya feel GTC is the bottom of a pit, if you are leaving ebay bc of this, "bye-bye."
The rep before that one said, "just change GTC to 30-day duration. Seems they don't know.
Message 9 of 48
latest reply

In a call to eBay last week I was told it was tarting today. I just listem an item & I was still able to list for 30 days.YIPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. I keep hoping they will change their minds & leave well enough alone.

Message 10 of 48
latest reply

I keep hoping the same. But what are the chances? I listed somethings earlier and all went well at 30 days. But I just tried to list some more and there were "system errors" try again so I don't know if that means they're starting to change it or not. Wouldn't it be nice if they would notify sellers of the start date and time for this change?
Message 11 of 48
latest reply

orangehound,

That link still does not work for many of us.   Cookies cleared, history deleted, cashe cleared, Chrome or IE - does not work.

Thanks for trying! 

brian@ebay

Message 12 of 48
latest reply

NO NO then they would not get the money for unwanted GTC listings - greedy ebay !!!
Message 13 of 48
latest reply

GTC starts on,,,,,,drum roll please,,,,,,APRIL FOOL'S DAY!

Just kidding folks.

Message 14 of 48
latest reply

Good One Vanman!  wouldn't surprise me if it comes true!

Message 15 of 48
latest reply