cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

should I be concerned on this return?

So this is a return coming back to me that I approved. I've never seen this on a return while in transit back to me, I'm assuming buyer used ebay label that should have been made available to her, but hard to tell on my end. So not sure why if buyer used the return label provided by ebay while there would be an issue with the return address? Anybody ever see this happen & did you actually get the return back to you? or did a buyer do something fishy here?  

Message seen on usps from tracking linked thru ebay return system. 

Your item was forwarded to a different address at 11:06 am on August 9, 2021 in KNOXVILLE, TN. This was because of forwarding instructions or because the address or ZIP Code on the label was incorrect.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Sounds like a scam where the buyer has redirected the package to a different address in order to either, 1. They didn't really send your item back, just a fake package, and they are just trying to show delivery to get a refund. Or 2. they did send your item, but are trying to get it returned to them for a bad address.  Again, to show delivery so that eBay will give them their refund.

You'll probably have to contact eBay CS on this one. Go to the bottom of this page and click the Contact Us link. In the pop-up that appears select See More and find Contact an Agent. There you can request a call back. Good Luck.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/managing-returns-refunds/manage-returns-missing-items-refunds-sell...

I sure hope this is not the case. I've already contacted ebay for business on facebook 

with all the info. & screen capture from USPS website. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Right now you have done everything that you possible could. 

Please keep a record of all these screenshots/ details and after tracking shows delivered I would expect your buyer to ask eBay to step in and most likely outcome is that eBay will issue a full refund to buyer and debit your account.

You should then file a crime report at your local police station, obtain a copy of this report showing crime number and then appeal the outcome of case( within 30 days of case closing) and upload this crime report and all tracking screen shots and it is likely that eBay will then reverse the case decision and give you your money back.

Hoper all works out and you advise of satisfactory outcome/ conclusion of this return case.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Tried calling usps to see if they can tell me where it was forwarded to but none of the prompts connects me to a human. 

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@purple-rain-store wrote:

I'm assuming buyer used ebay label that should have been made available to her, but hard to tell on my end.

Your item was forwarded to a different address at 11:06 am on August 9, 2021 in KNOXVILLE, TN. This was because of forwarding instructions or because the address or ZIP Code on the label was incorrect.

But you can indeed tell @purple-rain-store if it's the eBay return label. Just enter the tracking number at the real USPS website, not the fake mobile website or the app, then pop open the Product Information panel and look for Return Service.

1lfsh0fhg0hfldsd0fdh0gl1.png

When the buyer uses the eBay or seller-issued return label and not their own label, eBay requires the seller to refund whether or not it's delivered.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

what I was trying to say is that I don't see where I was charged for the return label. So I can't tell if they did a ship on their own & then went in & uploaded a tracking number in the return case. Typically when I approve a return for INAD I approve the return then when buyer ships out return I see a label charge in my fee's in the payments section on seller hub. So it's either not charged me yet or I'm not looking in the correct place to see return shipping label charges. I just got off the phone with my local Post Master, she looked it up for me & could see label was initially addressed to me, but she can't see where it was forwarded to. She says they either could have printed out the label so it would first show it's being sent to me & then put something over the address afterwards or USPS screwed up and marked it "forwarded," so it's hard to say since the "forwarded" address info. is not available for even a Post Master to see.  

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

what I was trying to say is that I don't see where I was charged for the return label.

@purple-rain-store 

I can address this. The return label will be pulled from your Pending payouts when delivered. Good luck with the other...

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

thanks that's helpful as I couldn't remember when that happened, when it first got scanned at a PO or when it got delivered. But I'm sure I'll soon forget again later. lol... 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Check if it says "return service" for the tracking number.

1lfhs0fhg0hfldsd0fdhg0l1.png

Otherwise @purple-rain-store your buyer bought their own label.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

"shows return service." plus I purchased "tracking plus" for 6 months on this shipment. 

Aggravates me that item is supposed to be coming to me according to info. my local

PM gave me on the tracking,but yet I can't see where it was supposed to have been forwarded to &

neither can my local USPS PM. Just doesn't make any sense. 

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

also it's First Class due to being a pair of shorts. So not sure if that makes any difference with it being First Class & not a Priority Mail service on what's going to happen?  

Message 12 of 12
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: