cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

return shipping labels won't print, ebay no help

Anyone else having issues printing a return label? I opened 3 returns with the same seller, I will pay the return shipping. 1 item I was able to print the label, the other 2 won't print. the labels just keep loading and then time out with an error. I opened a case with ebay and they sent me an email to print the label, when I click that link, the label still just loads then says "we can't process your request at this time, please try again later". I called ebay and they are saying the issue is with the seller. They are suggesting I ask the seller to split the shipping cost. I explained that ebay estimate for the label is $4.75. If I try and print my own label, the return label is over $12. Cheaper to use ebay's label. In the end they just keep telling me to work with the seller or print my own label. I am convinced the issue is on ebays end. 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I can't be the only person with this problem. 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

@importparts123 wrote:

I was able to print the label, the other 2 won't print. the labels just keep loading and then time out with an error. 

I called ebay and they are saying the issue is with the seller.

Whenever you're unable to print the eBay return label @importparts123 don't call or chat with eBay; you need eBay to actually open your return and see the problem for themselves.

3mzbizpcibnpnzuibpzcvbipuuurugarnbfim3.jpg

To do that, leave a private message for eBay on Facebook here with your name and so on and tell eBay about your difficulty with the return labels.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Silly question... but can't you use the one label and just add that tracking number to all of the Returns? The seller will be charged later if they don't have enough postage, I think. Anyone else???

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Did the seller ship all 3 in the same box to you? If so, you would send them back all in one box. That's most likely why the other labels won't print.

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

Silly question... but can't you use the one label and just add that tracking number to all of the Returns? The seller will be charged later if they don't have enough postage, I think. Anyone else???

I tried that but ebay no longer gives access to add a tracking number to a return. I even called ebay to get them to do this but it never happened. 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@d-k_treasures wrote:

Did the seller ship all 3 in the same box to you? If so, you would send them back all in one box. That's most likely why the other labels won't print.

No,  they each came in a different box. I was able to send one of the items back with another one, but the last item would not fit in the box with the other 2. 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@mama_583368 wrote:

@importparts123 wrote:

I was able to print the label, the other 2 won't print. the labels just keep loading and then time out with an error. 

Whenever you're unable to print the eBay return label @importparts123 don't call or chat with eBay; you need eBay to actually open your return and see the problem for themselves.

To do that, leave a private message for eBay on Facebook here with your name and so on and tell eBay about your difficulty with the return labels.

I used the contact ebay and in the chat window, explained the situation, they opened a return request and then sent me a link for the label. Still won't print in that link. 2 reps have just told me to purchase my own label. Seems they are clueless to this. I will try the facebook method though. 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@importparts123 wrote:

No,  they each came in a different box. I was able to send one of the items back with another one, but the last item would not fit in the box with the other 2. 

ebay no longer gives access to add a tracking number to a return. I even called ebay to get them to do this but it never happened. 

When you send back one of the items back with another one @importparts123 you will only get the refund for the one item on the return label. You will need to add a different tracking number for the second item, to get that refund as well. Build the second tracking number like this:

420  +  last 5 digits of item number  +  first tracking number

Check the second tracking number at the USPS.com website, then you need to give it to eBay.

3m9hd98gh09dag8a09dfghm3.jpg

To do that, leave a private message for eBay on Facebook here with your name and so on and tell eBay the second tracking number to add to the second return.

So now you're left with getting a return label for the third return, and you've already asked eBay on Facebook for that.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@mama_583368 wrote:

@importparts123 wrote:

ebay no longer gives access to add a tracking number to a return. I even called ebay to get them to do this but it never happened. 

When you send back one of the items back with another one @importparts123 you will only get the refund for the one item on the return label. You will need to add a different tracking number for the second item, to get that refund as well. Build the second tracking number like this:

420  +  last 5 digits of item number  +  first tracking number

Check the second tracking number at the USPS.com website, then you need to give it to eBay.

3m9hd98gh09dag8a09dfghm3.jpg

To do that, leave a private message for eBay on Facebook here with your name and so on and tell eBay the second tracking number to add to the second return.

So now you're left with getting a return label for the third return, and you've already asked eBay on Facebook for that.

The refund from both items shipped back together to the seller have already started processing. Seller did receive both. As I mentioned before, there is no way to add a tracking number or edit a tracking number to a return anymore after ebay has already provided a label. I tried. Even called ebay. They are clueless to it. There may be a way if I had not choose to use the ebay provided label.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@mama_583368 wrote:

@importparts123 wrote:

did this and ebay closed the case after 5 days and said "We reviewed all the details of this case, and unfortunately we can't give you a refund". "a refund won't be issue in this case". LOL. ebay is a joke sometimes. Been shopping with ebay for over 15 yrs. Seems the reps have no clue what is going on. 

Message 11 of 11
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: