cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

refunds

somab_6338
Adventurer

Ebays "Refunding buyers" page does not tell you that if you agree to give a full refund they immediately close your refund case preventing you from getting your things back from the buyer and will not speak to you about it because the case is closed.  Even if you didn't want it closed because you didn't get your gold back.  They don't ask if all's well with the return when you agree to a refund or if you want it closed, they just do it immediately and then refuse to undo it or discuss it with you at any time after they close it - BECAUSE IT'S CLOSED.

So now your robbed of Gold, money and then more money after that because they advise you to send the buyer the return fees.  I should just keep sending him money.

The buyer lied about the reason for requesting the item be returned as "not as pictured" (they are exactly as pictured) and the USPS says the suite number in his address does not exist.  He is a scam artist and a thief.

Ebay has now me blocked from getting in touch with them, from getting help from them, from emailing them about it, from emailing the buyer about it because they said I already responded to him, I cannot make comments on the buyer or make comments on my page sale section where they list him as a satisfied buyer who returned my item.  He did not return my gold and I cannot change it on my pages.

Ebay sucks for sellers and protects buyer thieves.  Without sellers there would be zero buyers.

This is so easily fixable if Ebay cared.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: refunds

I'll remember eventually.

@somab_6338 

For what it's worth, my grandma always said, "Experience is something you get just after  you need it."

I probably made the same mistake that one time a long, long time ago. Consider yourself a better informed seller.

We empathize. Now, breathe... and upward and onward and all...

View Best Answer in original post

Message 9 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

fa_8305
Thrill-Seeker

@somab_6338 wrote:

a) Ebays "Refunding buyers" page does not tell you that if you agree to give a full refund

b) they immediately close your refund case preventing you from getting your things back from the buyer and will not speak to you about it because the case is closed. 

c) Even if you didn't want it closed because you didn't get your gold back.

That's true.

4fuf6ff7fuf6fugugugugif6ftr5dct5f4.png

But only if you don't use the full website and instead the mobile or the app, or can't read all the words for option 2 on the page.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

"... if you agree to give a full refund they immediately close your refund case..."

@somab_6338 

There's no such thing as a "refund case"... are you confusing this with a Return request?

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

yes he requested to return the item for a refund and I agreed. then they closed the case and he won't send them back.  When clicked that I agreed to accept the return and refund the money they immediately sent the money and closed the return/refund case.  my account shows a return but it was not returned.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

exactly.  I checked 1 and they did 2.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Oh i don't use an app or the mobile, i'm on a computer.  And Ebay asked me about this return in an email to my private email address and that's where I hit yes.  By the time I got to the site to follow up it was closed.  That is how I found out.

They should have sent me your page or instructed me to go there FIRST, then to agree.

So I trusted Ebay's email and the buyer's history and got screwed by both, but you're right.

It is my own fault - but for trusting anyone not for lack of reading.  For a minute I forgot what planet I was on but won't make that mistake again.

Take Advantage, Take Advantage, Take Advantage.........I'll remember eventually.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Are we missing some information here? 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I'll remember eventually.

@somab_6338 

For what it's worth, my grandma always said, "Experience is something you get just after  you need it."

I probably made the same mistake that one time a long, long time ago. Consider yourself a better informed seller.

We empathize. Now, breathe... and upward and onward and all...

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Your Grandma = Smart Woman!  TYTY  

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

Are we missing some information here? 

We're always missing some information here. It's the nature of these boards.

If you have never owned a dachshund, no explanation is possible.
If you have owned a dachshund, no explanation is necessary.
(with apologies to St. Thomas Aquinas)
Message 11 of 11
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: