cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using eBay buyer protection.

I submitted a return on Friday. The seller refused to give a clear refund price. I even offered to do every test possible to check the state of the item. They're trying to argue that since I updated the firmware in an attempt to fix issues with the product being defective I can't get at least a partial refund. Think I'm still waiting on another business day to go by before I can use buyer protection. I submitted the return on the 20th, and think tomorrow the buyer protection option should pop up.

Does anyone know when eBay starts counting for buyer protection? It's just about three business days, and I still don't see the link to bring this up with eBay.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@sealclubberr wrote:

I submitted a return on Friday.

They're trying to argue that since I updated the firmware in an attempt to fix issues with the product being defective I can't get at least a partial refund.

I submitted the return on the 20th, and think tomorrow the buyer protection option should pop up.

Does anyone know when eBay starts counting for buyer protection?

You're allowed to update using the firmware from the manufacturer @sealclubberr it does not reduce your validity to club a seal. The 3 business days following the 20th are Monday, Tuesday, and today.

Tonight, the link to ask eBay to step in it will appear 1 second after midnight Pacific time.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@sealclubberr wrote:

I submitted a return on Friday.

They're trying to argue that since I updated the firmware in an attempt to fix issues with the product being defective I can't get at least a partial refund.

I submitted the return on the 20th, and think tomorrow the buyer protection option should pop up.

Does anyone know when eBay starts counting for buyer protection?

You're allowed to update using the firmware from the manufacturer @sealclubberr it does not reduce your validity to club a seal. The 3 business days following the 20th are Monday, Tuesday, and today.

Tonight, the link to ask eBay to step in it will appear 1 second after midnight Pacific time.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

They just said 15% to 50% reduction in the refund, and refused to give a firm price prior. Just making sure eBay has not changed how this works in the past year or so.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@sealclubberr wrote:

They just said 15% to 50% reduction in the refund, and refused to give a firm price prior. Just making sure eBay has not changed how this works in the past year or so.

The one, and only time that I got a reduced refund on a "not as described" return I appealed that reduction, and eBay refunded the difference for a full refund.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: