cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sold Item that does not fit vehicle. Description said it does. Seller closed my return and ghost me.

The buyer said this item fit my car. It does not. He said it does in his item description. It it not made for my car. I initiated a return. i asked for an exchange. He said he doesn't have the correct part and He closed the return. 

this guy is a joke its a 30 dollar purchase. Ebay says i cant appeal due to him closing the return. These are all automatic messages. How do I contact somone? This seller misrepresented the item in the sale. How do I proceed?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Sold Item that does not fit vehicle. Description said it does. Seller closed my return and ghost me.

@jomart-7034 

If the seller had in the listing, "seller does not accept returns" and you selected a buyers remorse reason for the return such as, "it does not fit", then the seller has the option to deny the return and close it.

Had you selected "Item is Not as Described" as the return reason then the seller would have to provide a prepaid shipping label to get the item back before refunding or just refund and let you keep the item.

If you opened the return past the 30 days from delivery date, then the seller can deny the return and the case will close. 

Posting ID

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

You had 30 days to open an item not as described case with eBay.  I can't tell whether or not you did that.  Or did you open a case, then neglect to follow up? The seller cannot close a return himself unless that happened.

How about returning and giving all the details? Also, if you paid with Paypal, they give you 180 days to open a case.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Sellers literally cannot close a return. You are leaving out some info here....

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Either you waited too long or opened the wrong type of case (selected wrong reason for return.)

That's the only way an ebay seller would be able to deny your return.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

EBay allows 30 days from delivery for a Claim.

If you missed the deadline or if you did not complete the Claim, eBay cannot help.

You are still covered by the chargeback policy of the credit card you actually paid with. Many cards allow up to 180 days from payment for Claims. Call the 1-800 number on the back of your card or its monthly invoice.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@jomart-7034 

If the seller had in the listing, "seller does not accept returns" and you selected a buyers remorse reason for the return such as, "it does not fit", then the seller has the option to deny the return and close it.

Had you selected "Item is Not as Described" as the return reason then the seller would have to provide a prepaid shipping label to get the item back before refunding or just refund and let you keep the item.

If you opened the return past the 30 days from delivery date, then the seller can deny the return and the case will close. 

Posting ID
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

The seller was smarter than me this time. Thank you for clearing it up. I didnt realize does not fit is Buyers Remorse. That should be corrected for ebay motors. Usually if a part does not fit after it states that it does a return shouldn't be an issue. I work in selling and customer service. He can keep the 30 bucks. He seems to need it more than me. 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I opened the case, I messaged with seller, I asked for a return, he closed the case. Thats exactly how it happened. Didn't leave anything out. He got me when I picked does not fit as a reason for return instead of item not as described. 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Return Reason
Doesn't fit
Comments
This is a M3 roller cover for center console. The ad is accurate. However, I need the rear ashtray cover. My m3 only has one and this one does not fit. Apparently some models came with 2 rolling door covers unbeknownst to me.
  •  

Nov 5
The seller declined the return request

Nov 1
Return started

Return Reason

Doesn't fit

Details

This is a M3 roller cover for center console. The ad is accurate. However, I need the rear ashtray cover. My m3 only has one and this one does not fit. Apparently some models came with 2 rolling door covers unbeknownst to me.

Oct 31
Delivered

Oct 24
Item purchased
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Because you opened a remorse return, doesnt fit, and the seller was able to refuse your return, that automatically closed the case. No seller is able to 'close' a case on their own.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I have ordered five items for my vehicles and 3 were the wrong item and one was of poor quality.  The latest was a fuel pressure sensor for my truck which the plug pin configuration was wrong.  This left me with a vehicle that was down until I could go to the dealership and have the correct on ordered.  Responded to the seller and have yet to hear back from him.  eBay's motto of "Guaranteed to Fit" is a joke.  Will not be ordering any more vehicle parts through eBay.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: