cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller Taking Advantage of International Shipping and Item Not As Described?

So here's my most recent experience buying from Ebay using the International Shipping Program

I buy a Laptop (Dell G7 7588) from an American seller.

Laptop is posted to me (in Zimbabwe) in just a under a month, looks like a pleasant transaction.

On collection package feels light, like really light, so I open to inspect and I find a Dell Inspiron 3510. Definitely not the laptop I ordered.

Can't leave package behind to be returned as anything not collected is auctioned off.

No choice, paid import fees for the Inspiron... using the G7's value and description plastered all over the packaging

I advise the seller, INAD. He says I should open a Return case, Ebay will handle the return shipping, it's out of his hands

Ebay says they can only issue a refund if they receive the laptop back, no problem.

Only that they want me to pay the return shipping, and will refund me the shipping charges into a Paypal account that doesn't allow payments into it (Zimbabwean accounts with restrictions unfortunately). So there's the risk of paying return shipping (in the $300 region) and not getting any of that reimbursed.

Ebay support say they have messaged me enough, they say they provided me all the info to return the laptop, and if I don't return it by 18 Sept, my refund is gone.

Meanwhile seller has relisted the laptop I was supposed to get and already sold it off, lucky him.

So the seller and Ebay International Shipping department  both did not realize they have sent a package with the wrong contents. Oh and seller still says it's out of their hands

I lose my shipping if I send it back and I lose my refund if I don't ship it back. The seller and Ebay have put me into a corner. Any advice?

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: