cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SO the buyer did not return the item

Is this normal on Ebay?  Thought they were waiting on my saying the return was received but NO, they just deleted from my bank account.  This is scary. It could happen with any item. Even if you set a policy is there a way that Ebay will adhere to it? 

I have nit listed anything new since a person declared my item was not as described.  It was just as described but that is besides the point.  Can these phony scammer buyers get by with not returning items? 

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: SO the buyer did not return the item

Precisely.  Ebay says don't refund until you get the item back in good shape.  If they don't send it back, then Ebay will side with the seller and assume the buyer decided to keep the item. 

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

My bad on earlier reply I missed that it got refunded.

If you want item back then never refund until they send it back. Ebay won't force refund typically until more than 2 days have passed since it's been returned to you.

Technically that's the policy but ebay loves jumping the gun if buyer contacts them and they see "delivered". 😠

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

I did not tell Ebay it had ever been returned . 

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

No I did not refund Ebay refunded 

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

@vagree80 wrote:

oh I refunded the customer.  This is possibly not the venue for high priced items though unless you are a dealer and can write off the loss. Thank you for your time and sharing your experience with me. It is greatly appreciated. 

It sounds like you refunded the customer?

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

Two items in the last 30 days the 2 veteran buyers claimed INAD - both times Ebay sided with buyer immediately and refunded their money!! No return label sent from my funds and told me I’m SOL in getting product back!!

BEWARE sellers!

Ebay used to send return label(as you suggest above) they JUST REFUND and you are left without product AND money. 

How is this legal? Buyers are working this NEW system - BEWARE

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

That is awful. I am not enjoying Ebay sending me offers all the time on others peoples listings. 

I might be getting ready to list and view a similas listing. One time I bought the same thing I just had listed. Took me an hour or two to get it off as a purchases. UGH

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

Never happened and I got charged fees too!

Message 23 of 23
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: