cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return Shipping Label: Is there insurance for this item?

I opened a return for Item Not As Described. Ebay sent a USPS postage paid return shipping label, addressed to SMARTPOST / RETURNS / PARCEL RETURN SERVICE / 56950 (it's the Parcel Return Service in Washington, DC), with a return address in Greenfield, IN. I am in Ohio, seller is listed as in Phoenix.  There has been no tracking for a week other than the acceptance scan at my local Post Office. Value (item price) is about $38.00, it is not fragile. Seller did not ship the item to me, seller had it picked up from my local Walmart and dropped at my door. It was a wrong item, Walmart no longer sells the correct item. Listing showed "5 available"...

Is there insurance for the returned item? for whom?

What steps should I take if there is no further tracking?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Unless they've changed it recently, return labels don't come with insurance.

I'd give it a few more days to see if tracking updates.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

If it's a seller provided label then acceptance scan is all you need.

You have to ask ebay to step in and they will put it on hold and if no movement buyer gets refunded.

The person who is responsible for the cost of the label is responsible for insuring it.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Tracking updated today to:  "Arrived at USPS Regional Facility CLEVELAND OH DISTRIBUTION CENTER". That's 14 miles in 6 days.

And: "Available for Pickup by Returns Agent at Processing Facility."

Then: "Your item has been tendered to the returns agent. The Postal Service no longer has the item and no further tracking updates are expected.  Shipping Partner: FedEx"

The Ebay return details show: "Your refund should process within 3 days of delivery." and "Refund by August 8"

I'll give it a few days and see if I can ask Ebay to step in. So far that's not an option in the purchase history or return details. I don't know If I'll be able to track it or know when it's "delivered" as I don't have a FedEx number. Maybe Ebay knows. I do have a receipt for the USPS acceptance scan.

And, btw, on the USPS tracking page it shows:

"Product Information. Postal Product: Features: Return Service Up to $100 insurance included..."

So there's that. For whom I just dunno'. Gotta' love it.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: