cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return Question

I have an item coming back.   Buyer has sent the item back signature required ( item was not shipped this way, and he got the label from ebay I think) .  I don't get to my post office very often so my question is if I don't make a 30 mile trip to sign for this and it goes back to the sender -- Ebay says they have until the 26 to get it back to me -- What happens? Item shows it is at my PO, but has not been marked as received since I haven't made the trip to sign for it.   Thanks all,

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Return Question

@currentbush wrote:

No they do not deliver to my home, I know its there because tracking show it being there.  I only usually get to my PO after hours,  otherwise its way out of my way.    Would just like an answer to my question -  wouldn't ask if I needed 50 more questions.   What happens if I let the package get returned without signing for it?  That is all I want to know.

@currentbush 

What will happen is eBay will eventually automatically refund the buyer, because tracking will show that delivery was "attempted", and that is what matters.

The package will be more than likely still be in transit and on it's way back to the buyer at that time. And what happens after that, well that will all depend on your buyer's personal morality.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Seems simple... can you not ask your PO to deliver the package to your home?

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

You are thinking of ignoring it when it arrives at your PO Box?

You typically have 7 days once a notice has been left.  If you do not go to your PO box regularly, how do you know what is in your box?

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

No they do not deliver to my home, I know its there because tracking show it being there.  I only usually get to my PO after hours,  otherwise its way out of my way.    Would just like an answer to my question -  wouldn't ask if I needed 50 more questions.   What happens if I let the package get returned without signing for it?  That is all I want to know.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@currentbush wrote:

I have an item coming back.   Buyer has sent the item back signature required ( item was not shipped this way, and he got the label from ebay I think) .  I don't get to my post office very often so my question is if I don't make a 30 mile trip to sign for this and it goes back to the sender -- Ebay says they have until the 26 to get it back to me -- What happens? Item shows it is at my PO, but has not been marked as received since I haven't made the trip to sign for it.   Thanks all,

Your buyer will be refunded with your money, and can do what ever they want with the item if it gets back to them.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Why don't you call your PO and ask what your options are?

Would not want to be your Buyer.  If you know the return is there, Refund your Buyer, stop playing games. 

Welcome to my BBL.  

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

What happens if I let the package get returned without signing for it?  That is all I want to know.

@currentbush 

I guess it will be returned to the sender, since it doesn't appear that you want it. But that's only a guess...

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@currentbush wrote:

@currentbush 

What will happen is eBay will eventually automatically refund the buyer, because tracking will show that delivery was "attempted", and that is what matters.

The package will be more than likely still be in transit and on it's way back to the buyer at that time. And what happens after that, well that will all depend on your buyer's personal morality.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

@currentbush wrote:

Your buyer will be refunded with your money, and can do what ever they want with the item if it gets back to them.

To expand on this.

You will be refunding the buyer no matter what you do, or don't do. No matter what was sent back.

If eBay does it for you there will be no refund of the FVF, and you will get an account defect for "unresolved".

Your item should get a second notice in your PO box in 5 days. It should be returned after 15 days from the 1st notice.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

OK thanks, that is the answer I was looking for.  I never intended to let it go back it was just a question I had.  Since the buyer was spending my money for the return and added signature confirmation at my expense I was curious.  It is easy when you spend someones else's money seems like.  Its not that I don't honor my returns, it is just that the buyer  spent my money on something that wasn't needed or wanted.  Tracking is all that would have been needed and they would have their refund by now had they not required the signature.  Maybe I will get in by the end of the week.  Cheers all

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@currentbush wrote:

OK thanks, that is the answer I was looking for.  I never intended to let it go back it was just a question I had.  Since the buyer was spending my money for the return and added signature confirmation at my expense I was curious.  It is easy when you spend someones else's money seems like.  Its not that I don't honor my returns, it is just that the buyer  spent my money on something that wasn't needed or wanted.  Tracking is all that would have been needed and they would have their refund by now had they not required the signature.  Maybe I will get in by the end of the week.  Cheers all

How much was this total of transaction worth??

That may be the reason for signature required.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@currentbush wrote:

As far as I know, ebay doesn't have a return option with a signature so is it possible that the buyer paid for the postage on their own?

Message 12 of 12
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: