cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for return

I recieved this request for return.  Can a buyer request a return for just any reason?  Like "changed my mind".
The listing was clear that the golf club was a senior flex shaft,  so he buys it and now a month later dedides that it is the wrong flex, he now decides he needs a Regular Flex.  It seems reasonable, that buyers should have some responcibility to live with ther decisions when they just "change their mind."  What is the Ebay position on this situation?

Mar 27
The buyer  created a return (5178953684)
Order number

Reason for return
Changed my mind

Comments
senior shaft too flimsy for my swing . Need regular shaft

Address
Michael Bridge

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Request for return

It depends on what type of return policy you have set up on your account.  Is it 30 days or 60 days?  Did you set up your Return Preferences and Return Rules?  

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

My reply to this post is the same as my reply to your earlier post.

'Changed my mind'  is a valid Return reason, albeit a remorse reason. The buyer has 30 days to request a return from you... whether or not you accept a remorse return is your call. The buyer would be responsible for return shipping costs, if you do. Good luck.

Additional edit: Your listing policy states 30-Day Buyer Paid Returns

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@bike416 This is your second post for the same issue. Here is the policy off the eBay TOS webpage.

Your options for responding to a return request:
Your options for responding to a buyer's request depend on the reason they're returning the item and the return policy you stated in your listing.

If you stated in your listing's return policy that you accept returns, your buyer can return the item to you, even if they've changed their mind.

So that is the official eBay policy on your issue. As you accepted 30 day returns you have no other option except to accept this return. Best of luck to you....

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for the your response.  Helps to understand the eBay policy on returns.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: