cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund to Buyer change

As of today I am unable to issue a lump sum refund. Only line my line refund for multiple items purchased. For Example a customer purchased 40 items from me and since he couldn't request an invoice using the mobile app (Which is another long standing issue I have with eBay) he paid the shipping on each item. Up until yesterday I could just issue a total refund of the shipping overage, However now I am only allowed to issue a refund on each item. So now I have to divide up the overage and take it off several items to equal the refund I want to issue. What was wrong with the previous version? Also how come we cannot just issue a shipping refund? 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Refund to Buyer change

@overflowinattic,

"Example a customer purchased 40 items from me and since he couldn't request an invoice using the mobile app (Which is another long standing issue I have with eBay)"

Why any higher volume seller would use eBay's app instead of the traditional login to the site, is beyond me. I won't even use it for buying, much less selling. Perhaps if you login using your device's browser with your username and password, you might be able to send a bulk refund.

Then of course, ebay did issue a new Winter? update (I thought that came out in Oct.-Nov)  in the last few days, and if you haven't checked it out yet maybe there is an answer in it. Brace your self for another BOHICA moment, before reading it. There are links to it in the right hand column and in the scrolling photos on each main board page.

Since you seem to auction a lot of items, have you checked your Buyer requirements to see if you were opted into ebay's auto pay for Auction buyers, by ebay?  That could be why buyers cannot request totals for multiple purchases.  It is just under the regular buyer requirements

mudshark61369_0-1708778146933.png

I see they must have recently removed the requirement for Auctions, but that doesn't mean if you were opted into it as all sellers were in 2023, with out being informed, that the Auction payment requirement is not still active on your listings.  If it is uncheck the box.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I don't have an issue with the auctions just the buy it now items when customers use the mobile app. I never use the mobile app, just the desktop version when listing.  I'll even use the desktop version on my phone if I have internet issues, 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

When I have an International buyer purchase more than one item...I am able to refund them without going into each item to issue a refund. The problem is when a buyer pays for each item one at a time and I get charged for .30 per item which I hate. 

I solved this problem with USA buyers...free shipping. I can't tell you how buyers in the USA pay for each item one at a time and I get charged .30 per payment. eBay must love this. Buyers want more than one feedback for 10 items so they paid for each item separately. I have had 40 or 50 items purchased from USA buyers and decided free shipping was the way to go so it wouldn't drive me nuts.

And now buyers are purchasing more on their cellphones than ever this days...its really hard for a buyer to request an invoice.

I have also made bids on auctions using my cellphone...me bad...and in a bar out with the boys at the same time. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I always thought it was stupid that when you offered a lump sum refund ( eg for combined shipping) ebay would then divide it up between each item. But now they've taken away the lump sum amount and the seller has to sit there and divide it up.

Why not just leave the lump sum amount and NOT divide it up ebay?

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I think that they divided it up so that if just one item was returned, that portion of the shipping would be returned. I believe they also split it up if the seller offers a percentage discount on the sale. That is done at the time of the sale but it is split up for basically the same reason.

But I don't know why they changed the way that the seller has to enter it.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: