cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible Fraud

I purchased a New External Hard Drive. It did not work. The Seller did not have a replacement. Since it was brand new, I sent it to the manufacturer for a replacement. The Seller sent me a partial refund for my inconvenience that I gladly accepted not knowing this would close my refund case. After the manufacturer received and inspected the New Hard Drive - there response: “… it was determined that the drives may have been altered and is not eligible for replacement under WD’s limited warranty policy..” I tried many times to contact the Seller for a 100% refund - no response. Ebay’s AI position: “this case is unappealable”.  Any suggestions to reach a human @ EBay by phone, email and/or complaint letter. I’m thinking this is a fraudulent deal by the Seller and a terrible response by EBay: “unappealable”. Now, lots of time lost, no new Hard Drive or replacement and out $$$. Thanks in advance ….

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Possible Fraud

As soon as you accepted the partial refund, the case was closed and there's nothing else you can do through Ebay.

Should have returned it for a full refund and let the seller deal with the manufacture.

If you paid through Pay Pal, open a case with them or contact your credit card.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Possible Fraud

You can't get both a partial refund and a full refund from a seller on eBay. When you agreed to the partial that was you saying you were happy with the solution and want to keep the item as is. You can't take a partial and then when things don't work out attempt to get more money out of the seller... at least not on the same app/site.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Possible Fraud

ALL eBay buyers, as well as sellers, owe it to themselves to get acquainted with eBay's Money Back Guarantee, preferably before beginning to buy or sell here.

You received an item that was not as described.  You could have opened an item not as described case with eBay.  The seller would have been required to send you a prepaid return label and to have refunded in full when it was received.  If the seller did not respond or did not send the label, eBay would have refunded you in full and allowed you to keep the item.

Evidently you took another route. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Possible Fraud

No worries. You can contact your credit card used for the purchase to dispute the charge. Yes it may take some time to resolve but you should be able to reverse the charge. (A lot of the times but no guarantee) As others have mentioned, always stick to the MBG rules so you can be covered with issues like this.

-Good Luck

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Possible Fraud

Next time follow eBay rules.  It should have been returned to the seller as not as described or was received defective.   

Message 6 of 6
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: