cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help dealing with a buyer

Early January I had sold a baseball card to a customer. After they received it they asked for a refund and had pics to prove I had incorrectly listed the card as having no scratches. I obliged with the refund and sent the return label. a couple weeks go by and still haven't received the card. So i sent a request to ebay thinking that they had asked for the refund and kept the card. Come to find out I never filled in the form for the return label with an address. Now in order for me to get the card back(they are holding it until I clear their account of any wrong doing), I need to somehow contact eBay so they can reverse my claim of not being a credible buyer. Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Has the buyer already been refunded?

Have a great day.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I obliged with the refund and sent the return label.

@brharri_5499 

^^^ This sentence bothers me because it's in reverse order. If the buyer opened a Return claim, you'd have approved it (and automatically issued a return shipping label), but wouldn't have had to refund until you got it back.

You also say that the buyer wanted a refund, but haven't mentioned if they opened a claim. If you've refunded already, the buyer has no obligation to return the item to get that refund. I think you see where I'm going...

I have no idea what you're asking in regards to your 'credibility'.  Could you expand, please?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

The buyer has been refunded. The issue is that when I clicked the "send return label", my assumption was that my return address was already in my personal info. I failed to edit it. The buyer had received a blank return label. So, two weeks later I had not received my card back. I thought the buyer was scamming me asking for a refund and keeping the card. I sent a report to eBay about this issue. I guess eBay has put froze his account and prevented them from buying/selling. On February 2nd, 2024, I messaged the buyer asking why they haven't sent the card back. Back and forth messaging until I realized that I made the error mentioned above. The buyer won't send my card back until I have eBay reinstate their credibility as an honest buyer. So how do I go about contacting eBay to fix this situation?

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Once refunded, that's it, the case was closed.

If you want the buyer to return it, you'll have to buy a shipping label and send it to them, then hope they use it to return the card

Have a great day.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@brharri_5499 

Never refund a buyer until you have received your item back.

Always make sure that the buyer has opened up an official eBay  "return" case.

It sounds like the buyer did not actually open up a "not as described" case, but you refunded them anyway.

Now the buyer has your card, and a refund -- and you have neither.

If your buyer is dishonest, they'll keep both.

And I've never heard of anyone on eBay demanding that you "clear their account of any wrong doing."  Who told you that -- the buyer, or eBay?

You may simply be out of luck -- and out of money, and out of the card, as well.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: