cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWT Auction and When It Is Not Really NWT??

I purchased 2 items. Both said NWT. I get them, one item is in the bag from the retailer with the bag open and the hang tag plastic piece is there, but no tag. I open the second item thinking the first one may just be a fluke, same. 

Seller said that since the items were in the bags that come from Victoria's Secret if I had purchased from them that they are new with tags. But, one bag was strategically cut open above the bag's sticker that says the items name and bar code. So, that was "strange". I asked for maybe credit as I have spent hundreds on this seller with no issues for a while. They blew me off. 

Opened a case and seller immediately accepted a return and blamed me for opening the other bag stating they cannot ever sell it as NWT. 

The caveat here is that the one who came already OPEN it says in the auction in very fine print "Item has size on strap". But also says NWT. ???? 

I am worried I'll return these and the seller will say I damaged them, which I have not, and I read their feedback, the way they treat people who leave them negative reviews are horrible, and they have even used positive comments on other sellers pages to leave them negatives. So, does anyone know, can a person claim these items as NWT per the e bay policy? They had NO tags. Photos show tags too and then they go on to say the grainy photo is their "Stock" photo only. Or can ebay look at our conversation which I limited to just saying thank you for accepting the return, I enjoyed doing business with you. And my perfect rating and their...behavior and see through this? I don't want to be out money because someone intentionally played the system in such a way that they could get one over on a buyer. And...I only paid .99 cents for one item, and they claim I am going to cost them money. .99 cents...for a VS bra..they can't resell that is NWOT and make more? I don't think they have a full deck. 

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Dead to rights, you have a SNAD... at $.99 or  $99. The items are advertised NWT and weren't. If you feel compelled to, you should open a claim. VS items are very personal... as is your choice to return for a refund.

Moving forward... don't let this make you worried. Ignore other messages from your seller and enjoy the Holidays.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

@victoriasecreteposhseller 

I'm with @steplaw-9875 here. It's too much drama for a .99 purchase. If the item was a purchase for you and appears new, I would be happy and find a much larger problem to fight over...

No offense of course...

Mike

Firesteel Surplus

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

@firesteel_surplus 

It's happened several times now since I asked this. I ordered a lot of items. My bank is handling it. That one item was .99 but not all were. 

Thanks

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

It sounds like you are buying from someone that gets wholesale from V.S. I used to buy a lot of stuff from those sellers. The items are usually items that were returned or had a defect or just overstocked.  V.s. Has policies set in place for those sellers, which is why you see the bags or tags get cut and HAVE to be cut so you can’t return to the store. So no you can’t expect to pay a few dollars for NWT on something you can return to the store. This seller is under strict rules.

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

@ainpie-10 wrote:

It sounds like you are buying from someone that gets wholesale from V.S. I used to buy a lot of stuff from those sellers. The items are usually items that were returned or had a defect or just overstocked.  V.s. Has policies set in place for those sellers, which is why you see the bags or tags get cut and HAVE to be cut so you can’t return to the store. So no you can’t expect to pay a few dollars for NWT on something you can return to the store. This seller is under strict rules.

Good point...I've had stuff come in my surplus biz that I had to put a diagonal black line across the barcode. It was pretty specific on the line, color and position of the line on the barcode in the buyer's agreement.

Mike

Firesteel Surplus

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

Good point...I've had stuff come in my surplus biz that I had to put a diagonal black line across the barcode. It was pretty specific on the line, color and position of the line on the barcode in the buyer's agreement.

Mike

Firesteel Surplus

@ainpie-10 

But...it that was the case that the seller HAD to cut off the tags, that should have been noted in the seller's description. In which case @ainpie-10 would have a right to complain especially if he/she was a repeat buyer.

I guess I'd be POd....

Mike

Firesteel Surplus

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Dead to rights, you have a SNAD... at $.99 or  $99. The items are advertised NWT and weren't. If you feel compelled to, you should open a claim. VS items are very personal... as is your choice to return for a refund.

Moving forward... don't let this make you worried. Ignore other messages from your seller and enjoy the Holidays.

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

I have sold many new items without plastic name and price tags as I order items directly from the factories so they arrive in the original bags. Often the tags are attached at the stores selling them.

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

What is your goal?  Get refunded, or leave a negative?

eBay MBG would get your refund.

Does not matter what the seller says. Maybe they would claim that you caused the issue deducting from the refund, but a simple appeal generally get the rest of the money from eBay.

Worried about horrible treatment for leaving honest feedback? Then just don't leave any. With private feedback, what does a reply matter?

Are the items not usable? Was your goal in purchasing to "resell for a windfall profit"?

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

LOL to return the item and get a refund without any hassle. 

Which I would assume would be normal but this one is coo coo so I just got my provisional credit today. 

I left positive, negative and neutral feedback as I left feedback based on the item I received and or how the seller acted about an issue regarding item. It's that I purchased a LOT of items over a 3 month period and I have a feeling they are knock offs now that I looked super close. 

As for lingerie with no tags (for people in general) I don't care, and apparently my bank doesn't either, what EBay's policy is on item in original blag blah blah. Underwear is an item that can be worn with even the tags on! So I got one bra stated NWT without a tag in an opened baggie. Wrong. 

I got NWT in a "sealed" baggie but...the seals are heat sealed. When my last order came lol I got the same bra that came prior but it was no tags, in a baggie with dirt under the seal, and the seal was in a rainbow shape and if any person has used a heat gun, you know how it makes plastic look. Open it, anf there are yellow and black stains ON the bra....that was "sealed" in the bag. Yeah. 

The other one, same dirt under a shoddy seal that was cut at an angle...no tags, it was black so could not tell if it was dirty but it had really bad sewing mistakes and the hook portion was bent...and stays bent. So...yeah. 

I mean, I wanted to just originally send them back and maybe swap for a different item with tags but the seller was like Ebay says if it comes in the bag its new. And I am like ok well they are zero help. So I opened a case lol and they immediately sent me a message that I damaged their item by opening the bag so now they can't sell it as nwt. So I said to myself ok...I am cancelling my case and using my bank.

Not to mention I should have read feedback as they are arguing with every person who has left negative feedback, and one messge is calling a buyer stupid and talking about domestic violence. 

So. 👀 I just want, at this point my money back, and I have asked them to never contact me and they are doing well so far. I just sent 2 items back through ebay as well as they accepted a return. Hopefully it will be smooth. And frankly if they want the dirty items back from my chargeback I'll happily send them if they pay shipping. 

They are kind of a dumpster fire. 

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

I am not worried they will be mean to me. lol. I have reported their entire account to ebay because the comments left for other buyers was above ans beyond. They have not said a thing about my feedback and idc if they do. Their rating is like a 99.1 at this point. And I am not the only bad reviewer this month. 

It wad much MUCH easier to use my bank. So in the future (this is the only time I have returned any item on ebay in my life) I will forego ebay and just do chargebacks. But I have never bought from a crazy person. Once a lady bought a bra off of me and it would not fit and I was like sure, I'll take it back. 

The total was Idk 20 bucks. So they acted shady which scared me off from trusting ebay or them and now they have 2 bank card chargebacks and those fees. It seems it would have been cheaper and professional to just say, "Yeah sorry, ebay has a policy but I understand. I do see you have purchased a lot of items, return them and I'll give you credit on a future item". They can "re sell" the item and keep making money off me. But....I guess I am saying underwear is NOT OK if it's questionable because it's...not pants. It's gross. And if they were a gift umm...am I giving dirty non tagged "new" undies to a person? God No.  And it does not pay to give bad customer service. Ever. 

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

Are the items not usable? 

No. Questionable underwear is not usable. You don't touch it, you burn it. If it's dirty (it was) you really burn it. 

No...No...questionable undies are not usable and my purpose for buying is not even relevant. Windfall, gift, myself, dusting rags, does not matter. 😂 We never even accepted underwear returns at a store I worked at, even with tags. You left with it, it's yours. 

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

Yeah I have shopped at the outlet, and bought wholesale. I also have bought a huge lot that came clipped. It happens on all close outs. I have a pair of Jimmy Choo heels with a line through the label inside. But, You should disclose that 1. the item was a close out, 2. It has no tags NWOT not NWT and it may have some sewing mistakes. I sell mostly on another site and I have to document every single flaw or I'll have my item returned and forced to refund. So, that's cool. I shop outlets all the time. 

But....if it says NWT and bag is open or it has been home heat sealed or it has stains just either disclose them or don't sell it. Lol using a grainy what they call a stock photo of the item is not going to cut it. And once they sold me the wrong size item and caught it and asked if I still wanted it. I said no it was too big. If they took actual pics of the actual item you are buying, it would have avoided that. Until they can get their rating at over 98% positive I think photos that are clear of the actual item is a great idea. Because I would have caught 5 items now that I would never have bid on. My bank said one looked like false advertisement and the agent was like...this man who was like...i am going to have all these bra pics in my e mail and you said they didn't have a tag? EWE girl that's nasty that's all up against your body no that's not ok. 😂 

You know just say what it is. I have sold a Sue Wong with a line through it. I explained the line. I have sold VS without the price, I just took a pic of the tag and was like...the price portion is missing it MSRP for XXX. And I have sold some with lines and said...this item has a line through the bar code to prevent store returns as it was a closeout. See photo.... it you know, is that simple to do. But closeouts are fine with me I just want to know what I am really buying. 

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

Right and that is totally fine. But if the item has any flaws, the seller should mention them or photo them. Like I had said to the previous seller, closeouts are fine. I love my outlet mall myself. But just tell me if it has any issues. Don't just use a photo you (I mean anyone not just you) took that is grainy and cuts off part of it, and only use 2 or 3 photos and sell an item. People who buy underwear need to see what they are buying. If it we're a shirt or jeans at closeout and so theres a maek somewhere totally not noticeable..ok. Undies are...you know they are pretty personal and go places you need to have confidence in your seller. And a seller should want to list any defects anyway, a buyer may buy an item with a few defects IF  a seller discloses them. But when a seller doesn't and you open up an item and are like...why is there a yellow stain there? Why is dirt under the heat seal? Why does it say new here, NWT here, then quasi new fown here? Eeeh it makes you wonder why they would even be doing things that way? Too lazy to take actual photos of the item? If a person knows not all items are cookie cutter, even if they have 100, they should photo each one and document any flaws. Lol They just throw up a grainy pic and are like so yeah...here it is. Oh, and I even noticed a few panties as NWT but said new without tags, never worn but washed and did not even show a size tag from VS to show it was a real VS item. Another popular site sells the same knock off VS looking panty. And so I was like, if it's new, you never wore it, why wash it? And if for some reason it was dirty from a store room without tags...and you didn't wear it LOL and you washed it, why not photo the size tag so the buyers can see the brand really IS VS??? Who would not do that to cover their butt? I could buy it and say well this isn't vs...cut the tags out (if it has any) and return it if I had buyers remorse. ☝ That weirded me out a bit. 

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

I am sure you sold items in bags. But I guarantee the seller did not find debris under the seal stuck to the seal and pull out a stained item. 

Not to mention I am sure you took a photo of the bag unopened as that is what they were buying and maybe used a real stock photo to show what it looks like. People can totally tell the difference between VS from thr factory in a baggie and VS sealed with a heat gun. Even my husband could and he doesn't know a thing about VS or how their items can come in the mail.  

Message 15 of 20
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: