cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My turn to eat it, how long can I delay?

Against my better judgement I sold a $1k item here as it just wasn't something that was going to sell elsewhere.  I have free returns so the return was accepted immediately with the reason it doesn't fit and they said "item has heavy wear and seems incompatible".  Of course they had no pics...  I sent a message inquiring about this heavy wear and incompatible statement as it was very clean and fully functional, I asked for pics.  Yes I know they don't have to supply them!  They responded with you will see when you get it send a label ASAP..

How long can I delay this label just because?  I responded with if it has shipping damage the carrier may need to inspect this item as I'll need to file a shipping claim, top rated sellers can deduct up to 50% on returns so I ask you please work with me, thanks!

Just wanted to rattle a cage or two... There's no doubt I get back an old best up Dead unit or a book, total bummer. 

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: My turn to eat it, how long can I delay?

Forgot due to the price I bought signature confirmation to send it so I guess the return label automatically applies it as well.  Such a pain having this lingering over my head..

Message 31 of 34
latest reply

Tested the switch sent to me, fault error during self test.  POE error but I knew by looking at parts this buyer has bought previously it would be an non repairable switch returned to start with.  

Since this name and address is associated with a company with a few branches on Monday I'll reach out to each one about the guy running scams out of that branch.  Don't think it's going to help me now but might save someone from being scammed with that company address in the future.

Message 32 of 34
latest reply

eBay closed the case in my favor before he sent it back, buyer contacted eBay and escalated the case and they closed it because he never returned the switch.  Few days after case closed the buyer sent me this dead switch with the shipping label I provided while the case was open.   I'm pretty sure the intent is to file a charge back so he can say "look here's the tracking, I already returned it".  The buyer pretty much knew they were busted with eBay when I mentioned to him that I knew about the 2 other sellers he had open return cases on the same exact items.  

Message 33 of 34
latest reply

Mail fraud happened when he sent back a different item then was shipped with the intention to defraud you out of your item.  It can be filed immediately, I believe.

Message 34 of 34
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: