cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to return the ink cartridges (3)

jean12304
Enthusiast

I bought April 2021. Just have been busy working.

I just realized the ink would not work same cartridge design.

I need hpOfficejet J4680 All-in -One ...I still have the package and label.

I would like a swap for hp ....inksmile.com

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

You would have to contact the seller with your request.   It is probably a little too late as ebay only gives you 30 days from receipt to request an item return.   Paypal gives you 180 days from the day of purchase.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Your seller likely doesn't read these boards.  Instead, find your seller among the eBay listings and ask them if they could do an exchange ... however, keep in mind that most sellers will not accommodate a return for an item purchased 6 months ago.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Your purchase is past 90 days the seller would not even be able to pull up your order anymore. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Easiest option is for you to list/ sell these cartridges on eBay and buy the one's you require.

I very much doubt you have record / details of your seller as purchase was more than 5 months and more likely nearer six months ago/

If you have seller details then message them and they may be able to help you.

Some respondents may advise you " PayPal gives you 180 days from the day of purchase".

This 180 day protection is for fraudulent transactions and is not intended to bypass return policies / distance selling rules and regulations which generally are limited to 14 days and eBay and other online platforms extend to 30 days. 

In your particular case there is no fraud as seller delivered what you purchased therefore IMHO it would be wrong as you would have to lie to enable you to invoke 180 day rule applied to & by financial institutions like PayPal and Credit card issuers.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@jean12304 wrote:

I bought April 2021. Just have been busy working.

I just realized the ink would not work same cartridge design.

I need hpOfficejet J4680 All-in -One ...I still have the package and label.

I would like a swap for hp ....inksmile.com

You had 30 days...so you are just several months late...LOL

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Unfortunately, the buyer is responsible for their purchases.  I wouldn't even try to contact the buyer since your ink is even later on the expiration dates. I would be responsible for my failure and just list the cartridges to minimize my losses, then go out and buy the correct cartridges. Have a good day!

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

6 months later you want to "return" your purchase?  

Start buying from costco, MMMK?  

Just sell them.  Nobody (in their right mind), would even consider letting you return anything after 6 months.  Even your credit card won't let you dispute the charge.  

GAWDS!  SMFH!  

Message 8 of 8
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: